"Like" Exchange

coinvestor

That's great stuff! I'm a bit miffed though that they didn't mention TVF. We are WAY better than Wanbee! tongue.gif

Steve I thought TVF was sponsored by the IRS since they were trying to get info on all the "cash only" businesses :)

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't use facebook and I don't plan on using it. I always thought facebook generally caused more issues than it solved... sure, you can keep in touch with your friends... but there are also old friends that you don't really want to associate with anymore and you just can't get away from them!

I have also slowly tried switching to a more cash-only style of living. Not including my mortgage and utility payments, I used to pay about 98% of my personal expenses with a debit card. Now, still not including mortgage and utility payments, I probably pay 65% of my personal expenses with cash. It's much easier to work with and it's much easier to keep control of. I am very tech-savvy but I just don't like so many entities having so much direct access to my checking account nor do I like people seeing where all of my expenses go.

I don't think facebook is so bad for businesses or organizations though.

I don't use facebook and I don't plan on using it. I always thought facebook generally caused more issues than it solved... sure, you can keep in touch with your friends... but there are also old friends that you don't really want to associate with anymore and you just can't get away from them!

I have also slowly tried switching to a more cash-only style of living. Not including my mortgage and utility payments, I used to pay about 98% of my personal expenses with a debit card. Now, still not including mortgage and utility payments, I probably pay 65% of my personal expenses with cash. It's much easier to work with and it's much easier to keep control of. I am very tech-savvy but I just don't like so many entities having so much direct access to my checking account nor do I like people seeing where all of my expenses go.

And here I thought I was the only one on the planet not on facebook...

I used to think the same thing... what a waste of time.... Here is a story from Small Business Trends that does of pretty good job of explaining the importance of having and maintaining a online presence.

http://smallbiztrends.com/2012/01/why-online-reputation-matters-to-small-business.html

I used to think the same thing... what a waste of time.... Here is a story from Small Business Trends that does of pretty good job of explaining the importance of having and maintaining a online presence.

http://smallbiztrend...l-business.html

Good read, and I agree with it on many levels, but I already registered by website and plan on having it done once I feel comfortable enough to allocate some money into it. My complaint is with facebook on a personal level.

• 1 year later...

This thread has helped a lot of us build a Facebook following so I thought I'd revive it.

Here is my new Facebook page. I've liked all the pages in this thread, please reciprocate!

http://facebook.com/pioneervalleyatm

got ya liked :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AMC-Vending-LLC/162956920500388?ref=tn_tnmn

• 5 months later...

But Sherlock, where is the classic "maybe" option!? ;)

I don't totally run a vending company, it's a small creative publishing house releasing apparel & artists' prints, but I've recently started to place a few vending machines with our product and have seen some success with them. I'm pretty sure I've liked most of the pages throughout this thread, would appreciate some reciprocation. The No Fun page is here: http://www.facebook.com/nofunpress

Not sure if the stuff we make is up many of your alleys, but I just added a 15% off discount code for TVF members into our online shop - TVFNOFUN15. The shop is linked directly on the facebook page. I've been reading a lot here the past month or so, gotta say "THANKS" somehow..

I'm reviving this thread again. I need 14 more likes to take advantage of Facebook insights.

Please like my page, (in my sig) then post your page and I'll do the same.

Liked No Fun and Gage. I think I'm caught up on everyone in this thread.

--Steven

• 11 months later...

Archived