The "Vending Big Guy" Compilation

Guest Vending Big guy

Guest Vending Big guy

Do you honestly feel that it is wrong for a business to make money when they also support a charity? I support a charity in my personal life but still have to make money to pay my bills. Do you think there is anything wrong with that?

Many businesses that are NOT charities, support charities. That doesn't make them "THE" charity and morally restricted from turning a profit.

Wal Mart donates tons of money each year to various charities yet they still make money. Is that wrong? No. So why would it be wrong for a vending operator to make money while supporting a charity?

I don't feel that it is WRONG for a business to make money while supporting a charity.

But I want them to feel that it is all for charity. That way Im kinda off the hook.

I don't want them to know im the owner, just the service guy.

I don't want to feel like I am cheating them.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were that scared or had as many worries as you I would just give up and lock myself in a closet and hide.

Just tell them what part you need. I call Northwestern when I want parts, I have even told them I bought a used 25" machine and want the parts to make it a 30". Guess what!!!!!:huh:?? They still took my money in exchange for parts...WOW...UNBELIEVABLE!

Concentrate on VENDING, not the other BS you are concerned with.

Agreed. Just call them up and order the part you need. It's no different than any other transaction. If they don't sell you the part, then find it on eBay. If you can't find it, throw that piece of golpher away and buy a real piece of equipment. One that you can buy parts for.

Guest Vending Big guy

Whenever I have a location chat with me about "so how much money do these things make?" I usually respond with "A single location does not make much. It's all about massive scale, and once I have about 200 locations I'll be fairly happy." Keep it vague.

You really don't want to lose a location to the location owner, or one of his employees.

If i tell them i have 200 they might get the impression that im greedy and in it for money

Guest Vending Big guy

I dont have triple vends.

what do you have? and what is your rule of thumb as far as how much it needs to make to keep the spot

If i tell them i have 200 they might get the impression that im greedy and in it for money

If you are not in business for the money, then what are you in it for? Are you talking about donating 100% to charity?

Guest Vending Big guy

Let's say you have 3 or 4 selection machine. What is your general rule when pulling as far as the sales? Some say they make 7 bucks a location. Well how on earth are you gonna make money making 7 bucks on a location, i mean your candy will go bad. If you paid 300 bucks or so, how can you make 7 bucks? What is your low number rule and then its time to relocate?

I want them to feel that it is all for charity. That way Im kinda off the hook.

So you have no problem lying to the location? Oh my, this is getting better by the post.

Big guy, are you for real or are you simply here to stir up trouble?

Guest Vending Big guy

$10.00/head

How many heads do you have? cuz 10 dollars for one machine is nothing to brag about

He goes by the name "One Ball".

Or better yet, give him a call, you can reach him at 1-800-469-3010. Tell him Steve from VENDiscuss referred you. He'll answer all your vending questions.

Guest Vending Big guy

I don't brag about $10.00. You asked me how much one has to make to keep in location. The answer is a MINIMUM of $10.00/head. That doesn't mean all my machines only make $10.00/head.

Right but how many heads is your machine? 10 dollars could mean 10 or 20 or 30, I just don't KNOW.

Guest Vending Big guy

My machines are each one head.

1 head?:huh: and how much do you pay for that? holy molly. 1 head.

LMAO...

Vending Big guy : Every location may have a machine or machines with different setups. Some may be single head, or double, or triple, or quads, or racks with 4-9 heads. Each head offers a different selection of product. The national average a couple years ago was $7 per month per head. You will ultimately decide how much money you require each location to be worth your time. Many factors are likely to affect your decision on what that number is. Are your stops close to each other or spread out? Are you vending just gum or candies? Are you vending toys? How often is your service cycle? What evironment is the machine in? The list goes on. Kelly has decided $10 per head per month is his minimum. I run cycles based on machine volume because my stops are very close together. My monthly minimum is $5.50, but I won' get out of the car unless I know that the location has at least $30 waiting for me to pull. On a double, that means if it runs at my minimum I service every 82 days give or take. I wouldn't put candy in a location that slow, but GB and 27mm balls will work just fine.

Hopefully this makes things clearer, and not more confusing.

Most businesses follow the "no shirt, no shoes, no service" policy. That's a good place to start.

lol

Some people have a naturally outgoing and charismatic personality. Some have to work hard to pretend they do. I would say that you should hire this guy to do your locating with you. At least in the short term. Being out there selling with someone that has a talent for speaking in public could certainly help you hone your technique.

Let's say you have 3 or 4 selection machine. What is your general rule when pulling as far as the sales? Some say they make 7 bucks a location. Well how on earth are you gonna make money making 7 bucks on a location, i mean your candy will go bad. If you paid 300 bucks or so, how can you make 7 bucks? What is your low number rule and then its time to relocate?

What did you pay $300 for? Even new machines should only run around $175 for 2 heads and a stand. Buy used if you are just starting out.

Candy will usually stay fresh for up to 3 months. Gum, and runts/hard candy will be longer. The environment is a huge factor here,

Why service it when it hits 7 bucks? Why not wait till it hits $21?

So you have no problem lying to the location? Oh my, this is getting better by the post.

Big guy, are you for real or are you simply here to stir up trouble?

I'm betting no, and 100% yes to the above question by Steve.

However, in the spirit of the forum, I would say that you should be friendly to everyone. Make eye contact say hello, and yes dang it you tell them you own the company if they ask. You are part of an outreach program for a charity. You aren't the charity and you shouldn't represent that. Based on posts you have made, You a)purchased a biz-op scam b)had their locator find all your spots, which he did very quickly (he suggested you pretend to be the charity, I really hope you didn't come up with that yourself, and that you aren't so dishonest, that youd keep doing it), c)You are a very shy person, and not confident in talking to people in person whatsoever. d) all of the above, and you are now wondering if you got screwed buying those $300 machines, plus candy, plus paying a locator. You're wondering if you are in over your head, and my answer would be yes. This doesn't sound like the business for your personailty type.

Just my opinion though.....and you know what they say about opinions.

Go read all of the back posts before posting another question.

In this economy you never know what will happen. But for those of you that have tons of machines do you ever worry what you will do if your main supplier goes out? The reason is because every now and then you may need some missing parts. And if they go out, then you would have to rely on ebay. Do any of you ever think of this possibility?

I personally would just mfg my own replacement parts and resell them to other vendors. I'm pretty good at wood working, maybe I could whittle a replacement. Just think there could be a fortune in it!

BTW- Ebay prices aren't bad. Try buying a Vendstar 3000 chute door from Vend3....

Guest Vending Big guy

why are you guys using double heads? they are ugly. i would never use them. Too cheap looking.

Guest Vending Big guy

I don't understand why you want to make $5 a month. How can you make money like that and even pay that off? Doesn't even pay for gas. I have a 4 select u turn that does 30 bucks a month. I only payed 150. That is not even a high end spot, it's a small mom and pop restaurant. And you guys are making 5 bucks a month? That sounds very sad.

Guest Vending Big guy

Elite, 300 bucks is nothing for a machine. Your making 5 bucks a month with your double head, that doesn't even pay for your gas my god.

Guest Vending Big guy

I want to know who here is making good money. That is why your in vending i assume. To make good money. When i hear about these people that make 5 bucks a month, it blows me away in disbelief. I have a machine in a small store that does 30 bucks a month, so I would never waste my time collecting 5 dollars. Just weird. Sorry for sounding troublesome, but whoever is making good money in vending please respond and how much.

I want to know who here is making good money. That is why your in vending i assume. To make good money. When i hear about these people that make 5 bucks a month, it blows me away in disbelief. I have a machine in a small store that does 30 bucks a month, so I would never waste my time collecting 5 dollars. Just weird. Sorry for sounding troublesome, but whoever is making good money in vending please respond and how much.

Big Guy

How old are you?

:unsure:

Archived