Vending Big Guy wants another shot

caserri

Should Vending Big Guy be allowed to post?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

I've been corresponding to VBG and this member seems to have a strong desire to learn how to succeed in vending. He would like the opportunity to redeem himself and become a member of our community.

I've heard privately from some who wanted him gone and from others who want him back. I have decided to put his fate to a vote here.

It is now in your hands. VBG also has limited posting abilities to allow him to plead his case in this thread.

Personally,

While I think he lacked so much tact, I don't believe he should be banned, or otherwise have his access reduced. We are all grown ups here, right? If anybody has a problem with anybody else, all they have to do is ignore the guy, right? Do you really want to follow in the footsteps of Tipper Gore? Or do you want TVF to be another Bulk Vending Anonymous?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think he should be able to buy his way in regardless of if we want him or not. If the biggest concern is him being a troll or someone else perhaps he should send ID with address instead of paypal or cash. that way if he starts to harass people again charges can be filed.

I think VBG should voluntarily withdraw from any posting for 90 days while he READS the forums and uses the SEARCH feature, pays with his biz for a while and settles down

Also on a personal not. Being up and down as you put it, I think i know what you are referring too. I don't mean ANY offense but professional help could be of a huge assistance in moderating your swings. We all need some help sometimes and it is nothing to be ashamed of.

Guest Vending Big guy

I don't think he should be able to buy his way in regardless of if we want him or not. If the biggest concern is him being a troll or someone else perhaps he should send ID with address instead of paypal or cash. that way if he starts to harass people again charges can be filed.

I think VBG should voluntarily withdraw from any posting for 90 days while he READS the forums and uses the SEARCH feature, pays with his biz for a while and settles down

Also on a personal not. Being up and down as you put it, I think i know what you are referring too. I don't mean ANY offense but professional help could be of a huge assistance in moderating your swings. We all need some help sometimes and it is nothing to be ashamed of.

Who is VBG?

I guess you are unaware of the ignore button.if he is up to anything fishy dont you think Steve will ban him right away?

Real simple. I think anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt. Now he understands the situation and if not or if he is just goofing around then he's gone for good.

I guess you are unaware of the ignore button.if he is up to anything fishy dont you think Steve will ban him right away?

I think I can find the ignore button and plan to ignore his postings when reinstated. But, to his credit, Steve is simply a nice guy and does not want to ban someone that quickly without 100.000000% proof.

I can't beleive the amount of air time this guy and this silly debate is getting!

But I really don't care one way or the other who is on here. It's Steve's house and he can decide who gets to play here!

REALLY.... I didn't see this reply. Is it too late to change my vote. LOL :D

Well the "No's" are catching up! The "No's" are catching up!

Could come down to the final seconds. May need to "ice" the kicker!

I removed my yes vote and will wait to see which way I will go. the last 2 days vbg has been sending me chat messages, I have spent alot of time trying to help him, today I got frustrated and asked him to stop bothering me, each question I answer he will not accept, he wants to debate every detail repeatedly, I am thinking he will continue asking questions until someone tells him what he wants to hear. he wants someone to tell him that vending candy with u-turns and tri/quadvends is more profitable than vending toys. I will never say that because I do not believe it. vbg Im not trying to hurt your feelings but I am thru trying to help you, do not im or pm me anymore. good luck! These comments have nothing to do with whether I feel he is a prankster, prankster or not my advice for vending will not change.

Guest Vending Big guy

I want to add some more information about myself before the final verdict. I had one day on here, my first day where I went off like crazy with my posts. And everyone makes a big deal because of one day. On other forums I am used to writing more freely, this forum is actually a lot more serious than the forums I am used to. But I really am here to learn. I am serious about vending. It's just that my personality type comes off as a little bit silly sometimes, but that doesn't mean i shouldn't be allowed another shot. As far as my ability to learn, yes i think im slow sometimes and do get anxiety. Maybe i don't add value to this forum, but maybe I will add more as i get more experienced with vending. Im so serious about doing vending, that's why i have a Million questions. Don't matter what i vend as long as i get the cash and help also help charity. There has been a lot of misconception about me. One guy said that he thought I was unethical because i wanted the managers to think Im giving 100 percent to charity. Here is what happened. One of my locators told me that if they think that the machine is for me, they won't go for it. They are doing me a favor by not asking for a commission. So therefore I got real nervous about that and didn't want the managers thinking the machines were for me. It's not because I wanted to fool them or pull their legs. I just thought that managers don't like it if they know Im making money without paying them. It seems like everyone is judging me for every little thing I said and trying to make it like there is something wrong with me. I thought about making a video and you can atleast here my voice and maybe think im really honest. I don't really know what else to say. For some reason people think im a prankster. I don't know what forum is from yahoo or who those other people were.

Guest Vending Big guy

I initially voted yes, but admittedly, I didn't think through my vote. I have had some time to think. I spoke to VBG in chat the other day before he was blocked. Based on the conversation we had, and a conversation I had with another member about that conversation, things just don't add up. I went back and read all of the existing posts he wrote, and things are even more conflicting. The single post that stands out was regarding the charity and how he prefers that they assume 100% of the money goes to the charity. That's completely dishonest IMO. This whole thing is just too odd and unbelievable to be real. This is someone's joke. I now believe he should not be allowed to post. I do believe in second chances so, allow him to have a read only status for 30 days. He should be able to be tracked and if he really wants to learn, he will be on and reading back posts throught that month. If he is full of crap, he'll get bored with pretending to log in and read, and he'll go away on his own.

I preferred that again because one of my locators said they won't let me in if they know its for me. They need to just know it's for charity. It was just a comfort issue.

I just changed my vote to no after that last question he posted. Nobody is that stupid. Don't let him play you for a sucker, Steve. Just end it now and move on.

I just changed my vote to no after that last question he posted. Nobody is that stupid. Don't let him play you for a sucker, Steve. Just end it now and move on.

I agree and if he really is that stupid "VBG please do not ever have children".

One more chance, but as stated already short posts, trial period. More "listening" less "talking". Not cluttering up the forum!

Vending Big Guy: these guys Do know what they are talking about, speaking from my own experience. Ginger Vend

I voted yes, hoping that even if he is a prankster, he will learn a valuable lesson here and become a benefit to society. If not, then at least we can say we gave the guy the benefit of the doubt and tried our best.

Hi everyone, I did get a few too many IM's from VBG and actually didn't read it because I was AFK. I still think he's a newb who needs to learn some computer edicate, but I'm voting he stays (for now).

I think he needs to learn more. I myself am still learning, and will continue to learn on a daily basis. I'm just hoping he learns some edicate.

I do not mind sharing data, information, and will continue to learn. I just hope I can return the favor someday which is why I started posting vending reports and sharing what I've been learning.

Before I put him on my ignore list just wanted to say I'm envious of the patients you guys that are voting yes to another chance have, cause I certainly don't have it. Good luck VBG, may God bless your ignorant soul!

Before I vote...can I ask him what he intends to treat his gumballs and candy with to get rid of ants and roaches?

Might make me a more informative citizen voter.

This thread really has me rolling on the floor. Just ignore the focker(u know, the movie) if you don't like what he posts. The internet is the internet. This type of thing has been going on for almost, what? 30 years? I am thinking he should give everyone a break and maybe re-invent himself thru a VPN. For those who have no idea of what a VPN is, look it up. If this guy is savvy, you may never get rid of him. (I sometimes post thru a VPN because that is the only way I can watch network broadcasts in the US from outside of the country).

Steve? What ISP am I posting from? Call me @ 011-506-8719-9598. This is the only way you can be sure who is posting what. Oh, and by the way, have them use a television or radio broadcast to verify where they say they are. If tracking someone was as easy as what everyone thinks on the internet...why did it take so long to track down the most infamous poster...Bin Laden?

This thread really has me rolling on the floor. Just ignore the focker(u know, the movie) if you don't like what he posts. The internet is the internet. This type of thing has been going on for almost, what? 30 years? I am thinking he should give everyone a break and maybe re-invent himself thru a VPN. For those who have no idea of what a VPN is, look it up. If this guy is savvy, you may never get rid of him. (I sometimes post thru a VPN because that is the only way I can watch network broadcasts in the US from outside of the country).

Steve? What ISP am I posting from? Call me @ 011-506-8719-9598. This is the only way you can be sure who is posting what. Oh, and by the way, have them use a television or radio broadcast to verify where they say they are. If tracking someone was as easy as what everyone thinks on the internet...why did it take so long to track down the most infamous poster...Bin Laden?

I'd would have thought you'd post via US proxies, versus VPN. VPN's are usually used for connecting to corporate private networks that require encryption, for passing sensitive data. Bin Laden didn't use an internet connection for exactly the concerns you've raised. He communicated exclusively via private courier. A courier he lived with, that ultimately led to his demise.

Sure VBG can post via proxy, but there's people here including myself who can identify his posting style quickly. It's not like he can turn himself into a different person... although I think we all wish he could.

I'd would have thought you'd post via US proxies, versus VPN. VPN's are usually used for connecting to corporate private networks that require encryption, for passing sensitive data. Bin Laden didn't use an internet connection for exactly the concerns you've raised. He communicated exclusively via private courier. A courier he lived with, that ultimately led to his demise.

Sure VBG can post via proxy, but there's people here including myself who can identify his posting style quickly. It's not like he can turn himself into a different person... although I think we all wish he could.

I use AnchorFree, which I am not using as I write this. I really don't have to actually use a proxie. I can just bring up AnchorFree and from there go to the website I need to log in anonymously. But all their servers are located in the US. This allows me to use services such as Netflix and Hulu as if I were in the US. I don't have to remind you that due to US broadcasting regulations, out of country ISP's are blocked for some unknown reason. Not really sure how and why it works, but it does.

And if VBG could straighten up his act (and disguise his previous tell-tale style) and bypass the vote/poll....who would know the difference?

I will have to look up the "private courier" thing you mentioned concerning Bin Laden. Very interesting and I was not aware of that. Technical details of his methods have not been revealed in the main stream media, at least what I am aware of. In fact, from what I have seen with my limited access, not many details are known to me about the entire event. Especially with the burial at sea thing. Here in CR, when a motorcyclist gets run over by a bus, we at least get to view the cycle under the bus and the body under a white sheet on the evening news. Usually a half dozen times during the same newscast. Maybe less on an active day where there may be 5 or 6 acts of carnage. Sometimes I think the drivers down here skipped their driving tests and opted for getting their license from one of our vending machines.

Archived