Getting what we paid for (I feel ripped off)

With the capture and execution of Osama Bin Laden, though I'm happy the guy has been stopped, I feel ripped off. Our country spent almost ten years and untold billions of dollars hunting this guy and we don't even get to see what we paid for? With Saddam Hussein, there were photos and videos; heck his execution was broadcast all over the world. With Bin Laden we get nothing; just a promise that they have DNA proving they got him. I can't look at DNA and feel in my heart that the lives and money it cost to catch this guy have finally paid off. DNA just isn't the same as seeing the body and face of the one who eluded us for so long.

Okay, rant over.

With the capture and execution of Osama Bin Laden, though I'm happy the guy has been stopped, I feel ripped off. Our country spent almost ten years and untold billions of dollars hunting this guy and we don't even get to see what we paid for? With Saddam Hussein, there were photos and videos; heck his execution was broadcast all over the world. With Bin Laden we get nothing; just a promise that they have DNA proving they got him. I can't look at DNA and feel in my heart that the lives and money it cost to catch this guy have finally paid off. DNA just isn't the same as seeing the body and face of the one who eluded us for so long.

Okay, rant over.

I agree,it seemed strange to me that he was killed and buried at see so quickly. I am not saying I doubt that it happened, but I am sure there will be those that will always say it was a big cover up??

I'm really hoping this thread doesn't get hijacked by conspiracy theorists. I just feel it was poor judgement to release the news of his capture and death without releasing evidence for it. What happened to the old tradition of death masks or at least photos of the body? I don't really care about the "backlash" of his supporters; those people are going to be violent terrorists regardless of what we do. Showing the photos won't make a difference. They're already dead set on killing and destroying our nation. Besides, releasing the photos might just deter a few of them when they realize that our military is competent and skilled and will hunt them down and kill them.

Archived