440 issue

HI All!

Got a question. I bought a 440 a month or so ago, ra it in my shop, put in on location with no issues.

!st, they end up with an electrical issue in the building, believe it or not the circuit the 440 and 145 I have there are on has no breaker they could locate. SO after the machine sitting for a weak with no power, that got resolved.

Now, I got a phone call from the location, when the compressor kicks on, it is dimming the lights almost to dark??? When I bought the machine, there were no issues at all. Suddenly there is one thing after another or so it seems. I did turn the t-stat down as they said it was constantly kicking on, thought here was the temp was set to low and found the stat cranked all the way up to 8. I am going to go over today with an amp meter, see what it draws when it kicks on. It is in a warehouse location, so I would expect that the temp ion the area does get up there pretty good with the sun beating down on it - flat metal roof.

So now for the question, before I start trying to find a compressor or repair company locally - don;t even know where to start there, is there anything y'all suggest I check out first?

Thanks

So you had outlets with no power? What did they do to fix that? Is it a dedicated circuit or did they just tap of an existing circuit?

Dimming lights usually mean not enough supply voltage. Is it tripping the breaker?

So you had outlets with no power? What did they do to fix that? Is it a dedicated circuit or did they just tap of an existing circuit?

Dimming lights usually mean not enough supply voltage. Is it tripping the breaker?

I would have to say no.They tapped another line to re-power the outlets. No breaker trip that I am aware of. They have told me the place is a wiring nightmare. My first thought was just that, to much on the circuit.

I did got today with an amp meter, I fail to see an "excessive" draw. When I plugged it in it pulled 7.8 and they average 6.8. I did however reach in and feel the compressor after it running about 10 minutes, HOT to say the least.

I just replied to your PM.....

My quess is this is not your problem. Dimming lights at compressor start usally means itson the same circuit with the lights and if it is drawing the power down enough it will burn out the starter or the compressor itself which is probably why the compressor is really hot. I always ask for or have verified that the outlet is 15 amp on a dedicated circuit.

Archived