Now that Steve has moved up in the world.....

NinnJinn

As some may already know, Steve has moved up in the world and has finally bit the bullet and got a smart phone.

As up to date and as top of the line that Steve is... I wonder how long it will be before he starts kicking around the idea of a Vendiscuss app???

While I am not hinting, It just peaked my curiosity just now, about How everything in the "Cloud" world in his eyes has to be top notch and on the cutting edge of technology.

So what does everyone else think?

Will Steve start to drive Mrs. C crazy with a new idea about a Vendiscuss app?

BTW, Mrs. C, please don't kill me, If I just caused another idea to pop up in your hubby's head.... ;D

As some may already know, Steve has moved up in the world and has finally bit the bullet and got a smart phone.

As up to date and as top of the line that Steve is... I wonder how long it will be before he starts kicking around the idea of a Vendiscuss app???

While I am not hinting, It just peaked my curiosity just now, about How everything in the "Cloud" world in his eyes has to be top notch and on the cutting edge of technology.

So what does everyone else think?

Will Steve start to drive Mrs. C crazy with a new idea about a Vendiscuss app?

BTW, Mrs. C, please don't kill me, If I just caused another idea to pop up in your hubby's head.... ;D

I. HATE. YOU.

While normally I'm all about dedicated apps... in terms of website integration they're more for streamlining a media interface for photos and video, etc. Sort of like a content management front-end, if you will. With a forum, the mobile site accomplishes the same thing a dedicated app would, with the exception perhaps being the chat interface and maybe the more advanced functions (profiles, messages, etc.)

Speaking of a mobile site... I updated my Blackberry 9700 to OS6 from OS5 the other day and it won't allow me to change the browser agent. So now instead of seeing the mobile version of VD, I see the desktop Mozilla version. On OS5, I was able to easily select exactly which agent I wanted to emulate, and everything was gravy. Now I'm wondering if upgrading was really such a good idea.

Speaking of a mobile site... I updated my Blackberry 9700 to OS6 from OS5 the other day and it won't allow me to change the browser agent. So now instead of seeing the mobile version of VD, I see the desktop Mozilla version. On OS5, I was able to easily select exactly which agent I wanted to emulate, and everything was gravy. Now I'm wondering if upgrading was really such a good idea.

Profits,

Read here...

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/8771-mobile-version-help/

While normally I'm all about dedicated apps... in terms of website integration they're more for streamlining a media interface for photos and video, etc. Sort of like a content management front-end, if you will. With a forum, the mobile site accomplishes the same thing a dedicated app would, with the exception perhaps being the chat interface and maybe the more advanced functions (profiles, messages, etc.)

When all is said and done the hoopla on OS6 was lost on me. I just went back to OS5 and am much happier for it. It's funny that TVF was the final straw. But with all the lag, the webkit browser that wouldn't play nice to mobile sites, issues with bluetooth the downgrade was the best thing I did.

OS5 is my type of system. Old, reliable, and a workhorse.

Sorry for the raving tangent. Let's get to the matter at hand........Mikey is in TROUBLE!!!

Sorry for the raving tangent. Let's get to the matter at hand........Mikey is in TROUBLE!!!

*Heavy sigh* When I am not in trouble with my wife, I am in trouble with someone else's wife.... Sheesh, I can't win! :-[

Archived