Buying my first route

GulfCoastVending

I'm new to bulk vending (and also this forum... hi!) and have an appointment to look at some machines tomorrow. The current owner of the route gave me the link to this forum, so, I feel she'd be comfortable with members' assessment of the value of the route.

There are five machines in four locations. They are all three-product Vendstar machines. She says that the route grossed over $1000 last year. She is selling it for $500. The machines are in close proximity to one another, and about a half an hour from my house. Three of the four locations are charity, with 10% of proceeds being donated. The fourth is commission, also at 10%. I'm in Florida, so there would be another 7% off the top for state & local sales tax.

Is this a fair price for the route? What sorts of questions should I ask when I go to meet the current owner?

Thanks in advance!

I'm new to bulk vending (and also this forum... hi!) and have an appointment to look at some machines tomorrow. The current owner of the route gave me the link to this forum, so, I feel she'd be comfortable with members' assessment of the value of the route.

There are five machines in four locations. They are all three-product Vendstar machines. She says that the route grossed over $1000 last year. She is selling it for $500. The machines are in close proximity to one another, and about a half an hour from my house. Three of the four locations are charity, with 10% of proceeds being donated. The fourth is commission, also at 10%. I'm in Florida, so there would be another 7% off the top for state & local sales tax.

Is this a fair price for the route? What sorts of questions should I ask when I go to meet the current owner?

Thanks in advance!

I believe that Adkar is the forum member selling those. The machines are supposed to all be in great shape, but they don't have spill trays attached. The machines are averaging $20 per month. $18 afer commission or charity. 50% of gross isn't a bad price. If you are set up with a 501c charity, there is no sales tax on vends of a quarter or less. You do have to pay a fee per machine on your business license in Pasco county. If you don't do a charity, or you vend anything for more than 25 cents you have to pay sales tax. Three of the locations are all open during the day and on the weekend. I think the commission stop is only open during the day Monday through Friday. You need to find out what he's vending, so that you can buy stock. You need to see his service records. Find out the business hours. I'm sure others will chime in with more.

I believe that Adkar is the forum member selling those. The machines are supposed to all be in great shape, but they don't have spill trays attached. The machines are averaging $20 per month. $18 afer commission or charity. 50% of gross isn't a bad price. If you are set up with a 501c charity, there is no sales tax on vends of a quarter or less. You do have to pay a fee per machine on your business license in Pasco county. If you don't do a charity, or you vend anything for more than 25 cents you have to pay sales tax. Three of the locations are all open during the day and on the weekend. I think the commission stop is only open during the day Monday through Friday. You need to find out what he's vending, so that you can buy stock. You need to see his service records. Find out the business hours. I'm sure others will chime in with more.

It is Adkar. :)

Thank you for the input, it is very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

well without crunching all the numbers for you, I can say they didnt do much revenue, which probably means you are gonna get machines with stale candy. The selling price is low enough to buy your way into an entry level to see if you like bulk vending. the vendstars arent the best but again it can be your affordable way to learn vending. verify the income if possible and offer less than she's asking. one thing to remember is your gonna have to spend more money to stock those machines and the collections arent gonna be that great until you work your accts with good service and increase the volume.

good luck! where in florida are you?

Another option would be to buy some used machines and hire a locator. I could sell you five (5) 1800 triples, which I think everyone would agree is a much better machine then a vendstar for $325 then get Eddie too place them for his going rate of 5 for $150, total $475 plus shipping (shipped from panama city, fl). Just an idea.

Another option would be to buy some used machines and hire a locator. I could sell you five (5) 1800 triples, which I think everyone would agree is a much better machine then a vendstar for $325 then get Eddie too place them for his going rate of 5 for $150, total $475 plus shipping (shipped from panama city, fl). Just an idea.

This is by far a much better deal.

Archived