Singles Stand

agrantha

Would someone tell me if I am missing something. I need to get this right before I get too many machines located.

It appears that only one hole lines up from the base of the bulk head to the top of the stand. I am speaking of a Northwestern Super 60 Bulk Head. All my singles are out on location with one screw. Do I need to go back and insert another screw? From the looks of it, the screws will need to be smaller. Would someone please clarify this?

Thanks a million

im not sure if I understand your question, but here's what I do. the flange that screws onto the pipe has 4 holes, there are also 4 holes in the bottom of your machine, it's not neccessary to use 4 bolts, use the two holes at 12 o clock and 6 o clock, this secures the machine for front to back stress, I use 1/4-20 thread count bolts about 1 inch long. I always use the same bolts to simplify working on them in the field. hope this helps

im not sure if I understand your question, but here's what I do. the flange that screws onto the pipe has 4 holes, there are also 4 holes in the bottom of your machine, it's not neccessary to use 4 bolts, use the two holes at 12 o clock and 6 o clock, this secures the machine for front to back stress, I use 1/4-20 thread count bolts about 1 inch long. I always use the same bolts to simplify working on them in the field. hope this helps

So far one screw has done the job. But on my next service for each machine I will add a screw. Unfortunately, for some reason I can only get one hole to line up perfectly. That is why I will need to use a smaller screw for the second hole.

So far one screw has done the job. But on my next service for each machine I will add a screw. Unfortunately, for some reason I can only get one hole to line up perfectly. That is why I will need to use a smaller screw for the second hole.

Some stands with two holes and some with 4 in the flange. The four hole flanges have two threaded holes and two standard holes so that you can use either just a bolt or a bolt and a nut. A picture would help. If you use only 1 the machine might twist around or become loose.

One screw is NOT a good idea.

Did you tighten the one nut/bolt all the way before trying to put the 2nd one on?

If you did -- you shouldn't.

Always put both bolts in before completely tightening either.

You state that the 2nd screw won't line up properly.

You really shouldn't need a smaller bolt.

Loosen up the 1st bolt to see if you gain enough play in the flange/base to align the holes better.

I'm not trying to make you out to be an idiot with such a simple suggestion....just starting with the basics in order to help you.

I've had several different makes of pipe stands and used them with Northwestern 60's, A&A PO89's, and Oak Vista 450's without ANY issues as you described.

Thanks Sherlock

I may not be an idiot, but I sure feel like one. :-\

I just received two new Northwestern Super 60's on yesterday. I will try again before I go out into the field and fix the other machines.

Usually I am somewhat mechanically inclined, but I struck out this time.

Thank You

I've had the same issue when using the imported stands. A 1/4" drill bit usually takes care of the problem.

Be sure to put another screw in your machines already located. Check the one that you have in it, it may be stripped or loose.

Are you using the flange that comes with the stand? I have had to buy extra flanges from Lowes before, and they do not have the same hole spacing.

Hillbilly: Where do you find your non-imported pipe stands? I have yet to ever buy a new pipe stand that is not imported.

OK

I have it now. I was able to align the holes in the flange correctly with my new machines I recently received. Today I am going out to one of my locations and add the extra screw. I will take care of the rest this week or next week. It's funny how things can appear difficult or tricky until others tell you that you should be able to do it.

Thanks guys

OK

I have it now. I was able to align the holes in the flange correctly with my new machines I recently received. Today I am going out to one of my locations and add the extra screw. I will take care of the rest this week or next week. It's funny how things can appear difficult or tricky until others tell you that you should be able to do it.

Thanks guys

I just came back from this location 15 minutes ago. Come to find out this machine had two screws in it already. I now realize I only have two machines out there with only one screw....that last two brand new machines I placed.

However, my gumballs were tortured by the sun. The gumballs on the backside of my machine were sun bleached. I taped white paper around the back of the machine. The gumballs on the front and side still have their color. I refuse to throw away that many gumballs unless sells come to a halt. Many strip mall businesses now days have large glass fronts. There does not appear to be any place else in the restaurant to place the machine.

I just came back from this location 15 minutes ago. Come to find out this machine had two screws in it already. I now realize I only have two machines out there with only one screw....that last two brand new machines I placed.

However, my gumballs were tortured by the sun. The gumballs on the backside of my machine were sun bleached. I taped white paper around the back of the machine. The gumballs on the front and side still have their color. I refuse to throw away that many gumballs unless sells come to a halt. Many strip mall businesses now days have large glass fronts. There does not appear to be any place else in the restaurant to place the machine.

Do you use panel heads? If so, you can buy the opaque panels. Otherwise maybe use a different color paper maybe. I think white will still let UV light through.

I use the displays inside the gumball box. tape a few of them together with label side facing out.

That's a good idea Antonio.

Hadn't thought of that one.

I've been lucky enough to avoid the sun in my GB locations -- but I'm keeping your idea in mind.

I use the displays inside the gumball box. tape a few of them together with label side facing out.

Great idea Antonio!

I will do that on my next stop in 8 weeks.

Thanks

Some stands with two holes and some with 4 in the flange. The four hole flanges have two threaded holes and two standard holes so that you can use either just a bolt or a bolt and a nut. A picture would help. If you use only 1 the machine might twist around or become loose.

Jeremy

In either case, with bolt or without the bolt, does the screw go in the same direction?

Thanks

Archived