2 Bill acceptors need to be replaced..what should I do?

Well I mainly do bulk vending but also have a fullsize snack and soda units out.. You can tell this is a Monday as I recieved two service calls from two different locations about their dollar acceptors.

LOCATION ONE: has a fullsize snack unit.. the unit had a great working bill acceptor but now its DEAD.. will not take the bills at all or nothing..I tried everything I knew what to do with it and nothing worked. It is a: Mars VFM3-L1-U4C - its a older unit I am told by another vendor and could be updated if I wanted it to.. what can I replace this unit with? Or where can I buy a new old unit like this that I have?

LOCATION TWO: has a fullsize snack and slave soda machine.. machine was bought a few months ago and worked GREAT!.. well now the dollar unit will take bills but not register them all the time .. sometimes it will take bills non stop and work great than other times it will take 3 or 4 and work great then start eating all the ones after..this unit is a MAKA NB2-15A-200F Can I replace this unit with anything else?

If anyone has any of the 2 units forsale so I can replace them..please give me a shipped price..thanks!

ANYONE? :)

Well I mainly do bulk vending but also have a fullsize snack and soda units out.. You can tell this is a Monday as I recieved two service calls from two different locations about their dollar acceptors.

LOCATION ONE: has a fullsize snack unit.. the unit had a great working bill acceptor but now its DEAD.. will not take the bills at all or nothing..I tried everything I knew what to do with it and nothing worked. It is a: Mars VFM3-L1-U4C - its a older unit I am told by another vendor and could be updated if I wanted it to.. what can I replace this unit with? Or where can I buy a new old unit like this that I have?

LOCATION TWO: has a fullsize snack and slave soda machine.. machine was bought a few months ago and worked GREAT!.. well now the dollar unit will take bills but not register them all the time .. sometimes it will take bills non stop and work great than other times it will take 3 or 4 and work great then start eating all the ones after..this unit is a MAKA NB2-15A-200F Can I replace this unit with anything else?

If anyone has any of the 2 units forsale so I can replace them..please give me a shipped price..thanks!

The machine will truly dictate what validator will work. You would need the make and model of the machine as well as the type of mech. The Mar is probably 115v which with no other info should be able to be replaced with a 115 Mays 2500 with a vfm mask.

TECHNIVEND..THANKS FOR THE REPLY.. I NOTICED YOUR WEBSITE SO I TOOK A LOOK AT IT AND YOU SEEM TO KNOW YOUR FULL LINE STUFF. IF I SENT YOU BOTH THESE ACCEPTORS COULD YOU REFURBISH THEM TO WORKING CONDITION? IF SO WHAT KIND OF PRICE WOULD WE BE TALKING?

quote name='Technivend' timestamp='1305244454' post='92182']

The machine will truly dictate what validator will work. You would need the make and model of the machine as well as the type of mech. The Mar is probably 115v which with no other info should be able to be replaced with a 115 Mays 2500 with a vfm mask.

I couldn't begin to tell you the exact cost of repair without knowing what the units actually need but our repairs rates are posted on our blog at http://technivend.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-prices-for-2011.html

The thing is the VFM's are getting very hard to repair cost effectively. The parts are starting to go away and what is available can be expensive.

Archived