possible missing money

vend4u

I want to try to prevent the money from going into the wrong persons pocket. I took over this location from a “friend” a few years ago. The deal was I had to carry out the current contract. The contract calls for the building director to have a key to get items unstuck. The key is kept in the bosses desk drawer. I recently found out that one of the employees has a key for the bosses office(they are in charge when the boss is out of town) I have seen them and their significant other in the office when the boss was not there. There is a person from the management company that also has a key for the office. I know them pretty well. (Had a problem when he went into the machine when there was a “problem” that he never told me about until I questioned him) and I recently was alerted that the machine was unlocked when one of the employees came in early in. I had not been there to service the machine for 36 hours. I make sure the machine is locked.

I know there is only one key in the office. I bought a medeco lock for the machine T-handle so they can’t make copies. I am the only one who services the machine, and have control the rest of the keys.

I just want to make sure I am doing what I can to prevent my money from walking. Any suggestions on how to handle this, again I am not sure if any money is walking or not I would rather prev

I would take the key away and give the management an envelop with money for refund. If the item gets stuck or any other problems, the management can refund it and they need to keep a list of the person and the amount of refund.

Once the money runs out, you need to fill the envelop up again. Perhaps $10 to $25.

I would take the key away and give the management an envelop with money for refund. If the item gets stuck or any other problems, the management can refund it and they need to keep a list of the person and the amount of refund.

Once the money runs out, you need to fill the envelop up again. Perhaps $10 to $25.

They have money for refunds but they wanted a key for getting items unstuck. it is in the contract that they get a key. I just don't like the idea the key is so easy to get originally the ONLY person to have access to the key was suposed to be the building director.

They have money for refunds but they wanted a key for getting items unstuck. it is in the contract that they get a key. I just don't like the idea the key is so easy to get originally the ONLY person to have access to the key was suposed to be the building director.

That is a load of crap. There is no way I would EVER EVER EVER give someone a key to my machine, especially one that is not subject to controlled access. There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON FOR THEM TO HAVE A KEY TO GET SOMETHING "UNSTUCK". Change the lock and tell them the refunds are sufficient and if they don't like it tough. If they give you any grief cite the example you mentioned as your reason why, they were careless with the access you provided them and you are not willing to take the chance of them leaving the machine unlocked and unsecured again.

does it specify in the contract only the building director gets the key?

There is no way in hell that I would allow someone to have a key to my machine. My wife just recently got access to a key to my machines just in case something would happen to me. Its locked up in a safe that she knows the combination to, but the key is not to be removed unless it is an emergency.

Sounds pretty ridiculous that they need a key in case something gets stuck. thats just BS.

Archived