Consumer Perception of Vending Machines

Here is an interesting article from Automatic Merchandiser:

click here

One of the notable quotes:

One of the key changes is that in 2006, more than half of the consumers said they would walk away from a machine if it doesn't have what they want. "That has changed some," Mathews said.

It does not say but I'd like to know what the actual number is on the recent survey.

It does not say but I'd like to know what the actual number is on the recent survey.

I would like to know also.

When I walk up to a vending machine, I am THIRSTY!

If my 1 choice is gone, I go to number 2 choice.

In my 20yrs of buying sodas, there has only be twice that I walked away. Once, they were sold out of EVERYTHING. The second time, I had an upset stomach and all three machines was sold out of Sprite, 7up and sierra mist.

I found this interesting:

The study noted the disproportionately high image vending has among Generation Y (Gen Y) consumers, those aged 18 to 27. This finding was the basis of NAMA's new industry growth campaign, which VendingMarketWatch reported on 05-02-11.

The study found that Gen Y consumers choose vending over convenience stores, grocery stores and drug stores for buying a snack or cold beverage if all were equidistant.

Vending machines don't require any face to face interaction. The youth of today are less social in real life than online in my opinion now, due to all of the electronic media around them growing up.

Oh yeah...I seem to only talk to my peers on the computer or on the phone too...hmmm

This ticks me off

Nonetheless, a perception does exist that vending products are not a good value for the money. The study found that more than half of non-users and a third of users believe this.

A soda is $1.59 plus tax at the gas station and they feel they are getting a better deal there?? Most of my machines are $1.25, but that is changing and I have been raising prices.

Archived