What's a good goal for crane machine revenue?

Profits

If I'm paying around $2100 for a 31" Toy Taxi crane machine, what's the lowest monthly revenue you'd see as acceptable? I'm guessing it would be around $230-$250. Is that in line with most of your expectations?

Machine will have a bill acceptor.

Also, is a 1:4 win ratio good enough to keep the interest of returning customers? Or is that too stingy?

If I'm paying around $2100 for a 31" Toy Taxi crane machine, what's the lowest monthly revenue you'd see as acceptable? I'm guessing it would be around $230-$250. Is that in line with most of your expectations?

Machine will have a bill acceptor.

Also, is a 1:4 win ratio good enough to keep the interest of returning customers? Or is that too stingy?

I know someone that runs a few claw machines around here and $230-$250 per month is not out of line in my area.

But, you may consider shopping around.

Used GOOD QUALITY claw machines can be had for less in many areas.

The 1:4 ration depends on how much you are charging and what your prizes are.

Some vendors even go with an "every player wins" method but provide lower cost plush/balls as prizes and higher price plays.

$2,100 seems high for the 31" Toy Taxi. Are you buying it from Coast-to-Coast? I only do 'Win-every-Time' in my cranes. $1 per play. Depending on the location, $250 would be an average account. The key is to keep the sales at that or better month after month. You have to stay on top of crane machines with new products and ideas especially in stores that have repeat customers. If they see the same prizes every week they will stop playing.

Gary

• 1 month later...

Late reply, hopefully it can still help. If not, maybe next time.

Revenue wise, you would like to see at least 5% of the market value of your machine on a weekly basis. (Market value being what you can get for the machine if you sold it right now, not the prize you paid for it)

I would recommend setting the win rate between 30-35% of overall revenue.

(Example: With a $1 average prize cost you would want for $1 of merchandise to be won for every $3 taken in)

This is in locations where you need repeat customers. In a tourist location, you may could get by with lower, but I would always stay at 25% or higher.

People like to win. If they win now, they will likely play again. Maybe now, maybe later down the road when you change your merchandise out.

People who see others win are more likely to play themselves.

This wasn't part of your question, but sometime very important to the play your crane will receive is the merchandise presentation. A 'dump and run' crane will rarely do as well as a crane with merchandise all facing the front of the crane. Their is an art to stocking a crane, get creative with it!

Also, if you plan on using anything other than plush for prizes (jewelry, watches, electronics, etc) I would recommend layering the bottom of the prize bin with some beads, or fish tank gravel, anything to cover the bed of the crane. Roughly 1.5 inches thick.

-Side note, but I do enjoy the Toy Taxi machines. They are my personal favorite for cranes. (Though after I try Stack-n-Grab I may change my mind)

My $0.02 on the subject.

• 2 months later...

$2,100 seems high for the 31" Toy Taxi. Are you buying it from Coast-to-Coast? I only do 'Win-every-Time' in my cranes. $1 per play. Depending on the location, $250 would be an average account. The key is to keep the sales at that or better month after month. You have to stay on top of crane machines with new products and ideas especially in stores that have repeat customers. If they see the same prizes every week they will stop playing.

Gary

Where is the best place to buy a toy taxi and what should I expect to pay?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Where is the best place to buy a toy taxi and what should I expect to pay?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

1.Betson Enterprises is the worlds largest coin op distributor. I was quoted $1,999 for the Toy Taxi 31" a month ago. Freight and bill acceptor are extra. They have a 5% cash discount for purchases. They also have the most flexible leasing plans if your interested in such. They push leases for certain games, but will lease anything. Your in the Alabama / Georiga area correct?

Mars Bill acceptor: $350 extra Pyramid Bill acceptor: $250 extra. Make sure you have a bill acceptor. Even if there is a change machine beside your machine(s) with a huge flashing sign advertising that you can get change there.:lol:

Betson is also the exlusive distributor of the Big Choice Crane. (Because Big Choice is made exclusively for Betson by Coast to Coast. It is the EXACT SAME CRANE, just a different cabinet. Toy Taxi is a bright yellow with cartoon-ish characters all over it. Big Choice is black with a little gold. Depending on the location, I would consider Big Choice. (More adult areas) Big Choice 31" quoted $2,199 new 1 month ago. Bill acceptors / freight same as Toy Taxi.

Here is the contact info for the area, I believe your sales rep will be Rick. Good guy, I enjoy talking with him. (On a seperate note, if your running the machine in Georgia please PM me if you have any questions regarded Georgia coin op law)

Betson Southeast 2150 Newmarket Parkway Suite 100

Marietta, GA 30067

877-758-9601

770-303-0146

770-303-0655 (Fax)

2. BMI Gaming lists the Toy Taxi 31" crane for $1,675 currently while on sale. This does not include freight or bill acceptor. They add a bill acceptor $299. Not sure if this is for a Mars or Pyramid bill acceptor, never dealt with BMI Gaming other than a few emails.

3. Coast to Coast lists their own crane for $1,995 from their website.

-Roostyr

Archived