How do A&A machines compare to.....

VBVending

How do A&A machines compare to Beaver and Northwestern?

How would you rate all 3 in the categories:

Quality

Cost

Durability

Coin Mechinism

Customer Service

Overall Look

Any other specifics that you can add.

I am about to purchase my first 10 doubles and start moving away ftom my XYZ triples. I have scoured this website and have narrowed it down to Beaver, Northwest and A&A. I want machines with looks and most importantly dependability. From what I've read, I do not think I can go wrong with any one of these manufacturers. I was all set to order some Northwesterns from SAMs and noticed that A&A are about 200-300 miles from me. I spoke with them and they seemed really knowledgeable.

I am in this for the long haul, are the A&A machines in for the long haul as well. Do I just grab the basic model or spend the little extra cash for the PM Elite?

Thanks for you responses,

Robert

I am about to purchase my first 10 doubles and start moving away ftom my XYZ triples. I have scoured this website and have narrowed it down to Beaver, Northwest and A&A. I want machines with looks and most importantly dependability. From what I've read, I do not think I can go wrong with any one of these manufacturers. I was all set to order some Northwesterns from SAMs and noticed that A&A are about 200-300 miles from me. I spoke with them and they seemed really knowledgeable.

I am in this for the long haul, are the A&A machines in for the long haul as well. Do I just grab the basic model or spend the little extra cash for the PM Elite?

Thanks for you responses,

Robert

A&A makes copies of Northwestern and Oak machines at lower cost than the originals, I would say they are here for the long haul. If you pick machines and supplies up from the wholesalers you will have to pay sales tax. But a visit to them would be very educational for any vendor, if you go to A&A be sure to check out cardinal they are nearby too. good luck!

A word of caution though. While the A&A PO89's are knockoffs of the Oak Vista's, there are subtle differences. I have a hard time putting the A&A 50c mechs into Oak Vista bodies. The hoppers don't fit on the bodies very well either. If you keep A&A parts with A&A parts and Oak parts with Oak parts, you should be ok tho.

Beaver all the way..unless this is a hobby for you then buy Northwestern or the other brands that were mentioned..

Ouch! I wonder what the full time professionals like HA et all will have to say about that!

I have been going back and forth between the NW60 and the NEW Square Beaver. The prices really aren't much different.

I have been seriously looking at the condition of all the machines out in the field near me and they seem to look like they hold up the best.

-AA's seem to be corroded and show signs of wear especially if they are near the from door,

-NW still have that old school look, but seem to be built like a tank and keep working no matter how old they look.

-Beavers seem to always catch my eye and its its hard for me to even tell how old the unit appears to be.

NW60 at Sam's Club $70.42

Square Beaver - $75.90 + $5.25 new coin mech- $81.15

I know I will pay more for shipping with the Beaver and the matching stands, but it should only take me a month per location to make up the difference.

I have decided on the Beaver Square/Globes on the Teardrop stand to allow 1 or 2 heads for the transition away from my triples and I appreciate all input and always welcome more.

Ouch! I wonder what the full time professionals like HA et all will have to say about that!

Sorry Dperry I just woke up. Was trying to take a nap here. I have used most every type on machine that will go on a rack. I will admit that a Beaver is good but the only thing great about it is the coin mech. All the RB type machines have plastic bodies. The hoppers are way too small and the two rods make it hard to fit in displays. I have not tried the square hopper. Don't forget freight from Canada Ouch. One Beaver machine I made a ton of money on was the Chupa Chupa machine the used to make. Pops cost .05 and I sold them for .50. I had them in malls and they did great.

On racks I use A&A pm elite and 25 or 30 inch large cap machines. If I want anything custom then the call goes to NW. I have seen some of the same issues as GP but they are not bad enough to make me do a full switch. I stick with A&A because I can ship them with toys bringing down the freight and can also order parts when I order product.

The statement that guys with a hobby use NW or A&A is crazy.

Beaver all the way..unless this is a hobby for you then buy Northwestern or the other brands that were mentioned..

My Machine of choice for ten years has been the Oak 450. Drop thru mech. is standard on this

machine. Trouble free operation for years, parts interchange with old or new Oak, machines. priced

about $42.00 new. By the way I am a pro.

I never knew our business was a hobby.

We order PO89's from A&A and they look and work great. My last order was several 300 head and 4 cab head. The cabs showed up with Pearl paint. It looks like a really light tan with brown specks in it.

All our racks are NW's

The Beavers we had from buying a guy out were sold on Ebay.

Mike

I have A&A, Oak, Northwestern & Beaver on route. I agree with havending on the Beavers. For being so expensive they use alot of plastic. Plus it is very hard to get displays in the round heads. When I buy new for racks I buy only from Northwestern.

I have A&A, Oak, Northwestern & Beaver on route. I agree with havending on the Beavers. For being so expensive they use alot of plastic. Plus it is very hard to get displays in the round heads. When I buy new for racks I buy only from Northwestern.

I really dislike the round head style machines. Any globe that has the two long screws and top plate to hold the globe on. This includes the NW 60s. Changing out product is a nightmare. Candy gets stuck in the lip at the top when I try to dump it out.

Archived