A review of Eddie Bauer, bought 8 locations

Thrifty

Just want to share with you guys,

About a month ago, I bought 8 candy locations from Eddie Bauer.

On the phone, he seemed nice and easy to speak with. Also, some people here on the forum speak positively about him.

He tells me that my area should not be too difficult and so I order 8 locs from him. I even said that I would write a nice review

about his service on here. Well, after a week I emailed him. Eddie tells me that his telemarketer guy struck out.

In my mind I think "no big deal". After the second week, I email him again. He says sorry and I understand. After the third week and

still no locations, I emailed him with more zip codes which should have given him more to work with. He hasn't replied yet.

So, now it has been just over a month and still not even 1 out of 8. I have to say I am a little irritated. People said he was fast too.

Can Anybody shed some light on this? Does anyone have similar experiences?

Mainor, so far this experience makes me want to self locate. Maybe I should. What do you think about kickstart?

-Also, BTW The title of this thread is "review", I will update and review when I get the locs.

Y'know I've been having a speed problem w/ Eddie lately too. My last order of 5 locations was placed on 4/18/11 and I still need one more location to complete it. The order before that was also a little slow, waited two weeks before I got one location if I remember correctly. I'm starting to wonder if he's short staffed since he let some people go around the time he got into the insurance biz. I hope it turns around, some of my gravy locations have been from his services.

Mainor, so far this experience makes me want to self locate. Maybe I should. What do you think about kickstart?

-Also, BTW The title of this thread is "review", I will update and review when I get the locs.

Rob and the Kickstart crew are pretty good, and if it takes longer then a week, you can normally shoot Rob an email and he gets someone right on it. The best thing about it, right to refuse and kickout warranty. I like the bar/restaurant upgrade. My only complaint is that they don't utilize the wishlist more, they did get me one off my wishlist, a chain restaurant that does awesome, I've had that location for a year or more now. Last location I got from kickstart was a nice bayou themed restaurant on the beach.

right to refuse and warranties sound great. I'll try kickstart too. But before I cast any judgment on Eddie, I'll give it more time.

Perhaps he is on vacation? sick? I'm going to email him again.

right to refuse and warranties sound great. I'll try kickstart too. But before I cast any judgment on Eddie, I'll give it more time.

Perhaps he is on vacation? sick? I'm going to email him again.

Eddie has been know to take a vacation or 2 or 9! :lol:

I have learned over the years that there will be regional variations with products and locators in this business. Saturation levels along with the locators model may or may not work in your area. Just ask Sir Kelly. He tried his had at locating and found that some areas were much tougher than others. Amazing how one guy can have such good luck with a particular locator and another guy can have the opposite effect with that same locator (bad luck) and visa versa.

Always go with Rob from Kick Start. He always lands me in a place where I can get other locations on my own. Rob is very dependable and responds to email very well.

Always go with Rob from Kick Start. He always lands me in a place where I can get other locations on my own. Rob is very dependable and responds to email very well.

If they were dedicated to using the wish list option I would use them much more consistently.

Guys, just wondering here.... with eddie's well documented "disappearances" here are the locations he gets really that good that you are willing to put up with this nonsense? Or are other locators just that much worse?

Guys, just wondering here.... with eddie's well documented "disappearances" here are the locations he gets really that good that you are willing to put up with this nonsense? Or are other locators just that much worse?

He keeps me growing. I just got another location from him yesterday via email. He is now working off lists that I send him instead of calling from his lists. I use KSL as well, and a local person occasionally. I am also doing some of my own locating when I have time. Whatever it takes to keep building.

I only use a salesman and had not used eddie in over a year but I figured I would put a deposit down to get any extra help but I have halted my operations for now so seeking a refund

Were those full-line or bulk locations you ordered?

Toys, placed an order for 3 on Feb. 9th. I wouldn't even mention it if I felt that he was working on them, I'm fine with giving him time. But he hasn't replied to any of my emails in the last couple of months. I have tried to even help him locate for me by giving a list of numbers to call of potential locations that I drove by. And offered to change the order to candy or something that he is able to locate. Now I'm just asking for a refund, but I can't get him to answer me no matter what I'm offering.

I've been really disappointed with the service and lack of communication.

Archived