A review of Eddie Bauer, bought 8 locations

Thrifty

Wow, you too? This is terrible. I'm going to call again tomorrow.

I should throw in that Eddie did just email me, agreed to change out my original order of toys to 5 candy, and got two locations. I haven't placed them yet (awaiting the machines since I'm really a toy vend). But the locations do look good if a bit late.

Finally, he has emailed me back. After 7 weeks, he has gotten me 1/8, a 21 and up store.

That's good.

The two locations that I placed that Eddie sent were actually very good. Close to me so having candy (and the more frequent trips required) isn't such a big deal.

Of all the locations that I've gotten from Eddie and Rob, I have only 20% of them left. The rest were pulled because of piss-poor performance. That number may dwindle down to 10% or less after a few more months. I'm not one to throw good money after bad, so I didn't avail myself of their replacement policies, no matter how good they sounded. I can find piss-poor locations all by myself. I don't have to pay somebody to find them for me.

Placed my triple in the naughty store today. Lady said that her employees would totally "rape" my machine. LOL

Well, I hope Eddie will finish the order soon. I think that one location after 8 weeks is too slow.

Update here:

Over the last two days I have received the rest of my locations. Its strange, he took 7 weeks for my first one, then

7 in two days. Oh, and he even threw in an extra one for inconvenience (he told me that I was accidentally put out of rotation).

Thanks Eddie.

Well, guys I will let you know how the placements go and will report on the first pickup.

I also got a hold of Eddie, and he threw in an extra location b/c of the inconvenience, as well. I love good customer service!

:lol: I had to laugh sorry. It looks as though Eddie is making things right for you guys, which is great, but I would think if he had good customer service this issue would have not happened in the first place.

:lol: I had to laugh sorry. It looks as though Eddie is making things right for you guys, which is great, but I would think if he had good customer service this issue would have not happened in the first place.

Good customer service is not ever messing up an order.

It's impossible to get every order right for ANY service business.

God customer service is making customers happy....even after you fouled up their order.

That applies in any service industry.

Any restaurant, dry cleaners, auto repair shop, locator, and car wash that's been open long enough to have a decent amount of customers will mess up.

How they handle the mistake is what makes good service.

At least he's trying to make it right.

God customer service is making customers happy....even after you fouled up their order.

Any restaurant, dry cleaners, auto repair shop, locator, and car wash that's been open long enough to have a decent amount of customers will mess up.

You took the words out of my mouth Sherlock. This is the first time this has ever happened to one of my orders from Eddie, and he has gone above and beyond getting me locations. It would be a different situation if this happened every order.

Mainor, so far this experience makes me want to self locate. Maybe I should. What do you think about kickstart?

-Also, BTW The title of this thread is "review", I will update and review when I get the locs.

For what it's worth, here is my experience with KickStart. First time to use them (and 1st time ever for me to place a machine anywhere), they charged me $70 to locate a U-Turn 4-in-1. After three weeks, the revenue from this restaurant location was meager. I pulled the machine, and paid KickStart another $20 to relocate. The second location came back very quickly (a few days after my request) and the replacement location is doing quite well, currently averaging $14.75 a week! So, the only thing bad that I have to say about KickStart at this point is their steep price.

Crimson Tide

What you are saying is correct, but not answering emails or calls for weeks or months is another thing.

What you are saying is correct, but not answering emails or calls for weeks or months is another thing.

So Eddie's absence is a surprise to you?

Eddie's "leave of absence" should be a surprise to no one here.

That's a part of doing business with him.

Shame on anyone that pays him for locations and doesn't know this.

It's only all over the forum going back years and years.

You can't call Eddie's absence "bad service" any more than you can call the lack of peperoni pizza at McDonald's bad service.

Some may think it's "bad business"...but you can't call it "bad service" when his methods/habits (like McDonald's menu) are common knowledge to prospective customers.

That's how he runs his business and we all know it....or at least we should.

And he'd be the first to tell you that.

Eddie must be pretty tired now days because at one time he would come on this forum to defend himself. :lol:

I like his personality, but KickStart has consistent good/professional service.

Crimson Tide

If I were you, I would stop buying U-Turns for many reason's mentioned on this forum. And one being the price to locate them.

Find you some used Northwesterns or Beavers. Place a single head and see how it does. Move up to a double if the earnings are there.

Let me update,

Out of the 9 locations I have received I have place all but 3.

So far the placing process has been smooth.

However, I am sensing that half of these locations will bomb.

Well, We'll see. Like I said I will come up with gross numbers

in a few weeks.

However, I am sensing that half of these locations will bomb.

Hmmm, who would have thunk it?

Today I will be taking a 2 head toy rack from a location (convenience store) acquired for me by KSL and putting it in an outdoor R/C race track that I acquired on my own. This place is huge, with two different race tracks, bleacher stands, concession stand, etc. It is also gated with security cameras, and will be out of the weather by the concession stand. I expect it to do well. Much better than the $4/mo from the place KSL got me.

• 2 weeks later...

Just and update, I have placed all the locations given except 2 of them.

One is a hotel and one is an auto place.

The hotel said they already had one.

The auto place said that the wrong person had ok'd it.

I have told eddie and am waiting his reply.

Archived