Vendstar 3000

vacaville09

Sand LoL! Most vendstars I see are mostly empty or have stale candy in the field. I would take a look inside your machine and see what dispensing wheels or simular mechanism you have.

I have several Vendstars out in the field and overall they are solid performers. You can vend all of the big name candies (M&M, Mike & Ike, Nuts, Skittles etc...) from these machines. They are cheap but I rarely have problems with the coin mechs and I really like the canisters because it is easy to switch out. I love Northwesterns but I with they had canisters. I do vend Chickle type gum in my Vendstars with success.

• 1 month later...

You can Vend 1" gum balls from the Vendstar 3000/4000/6000... you have to buy a special part that replaces the normal dispenser wheel. I have found them on Ebay this past April and bought 10 of them... they work perfect. Then about a month later i bought 28 Vendstar 4000's from a guy and he had these same gumball wheels in each one of his machines and he said he ordered them that way from Vendstar a few years ago when he bought the machines.

I just did a search on Ebay ( Vendstar Gumball ) and there is one wheel on there now... they go for about 35 bucks each...

Anyways... long story short you can vend 1" gumballs from Vendstar 3000's/4000's/6000's ...

P.S. My first post on this site ... GREAT SITE!!!! and Great info !!!

Hey all, anybody with vendstar 3000s, what all can i vend in my machines and what vends best???

I believe you should read previous post on Vendstars before you start buying a ton of them. Read first, then ask questions. You are not going to get enough information to make a well informed decision from asking a question and getting a few responses.

I once was a Vendstar fan, but in the long run you will need to get rid of them if you are going to become a serious bulk vendor. For beginners Vendstars cannot handle gravy locations. Eventually the machine will start skipping vends or kids will rip off the chute door among other things.

If you are lucky to find a gravy location, the machine does not have the capacity to hold a lot of product. In most cases you will carry three products and one product will just sit and rot.

I am going to stop here. Go back and read.

• 1 year later...

It''s a special wheel you can find on ebay. But honestly its not worth it. They sell the wheel for the price of a used vendstar 3000. I would rather buy another machine instead. Also I have a few locations that I am doing Runts at an honestly they are killing. They cost me like 2 cents per vend of like 10. Look at Quill for them and buy your candy from Sams Club or Walmart. Way cheaper and free shipping at least from Walmart alot of times.

I just bought my 1st 30 vendstar 6000s used. How do I tell if the wheels are gumball or other wheels?

The gumball wheels will have a round opening for the gumball to fall into and the candy wheels will have a pie-shaped or trapezoid shaped opening for the candy to fall into.

FWIW, Northwestern gumball wheels appear to work in a Vendstar (after you slightly sand/file down the wheel diameter) but there needs to be a way to hold them in place. There is a guy on Ebay selling what appears to be this setup with a couple of springs used to hold the wheel into the housing.

Archived