Meeting with coke was a waste of time

Coke turned me down for their 3rd party equipment program today. I met with their rep, and explained that I wanted to join the program. He politely told me to forget about it. They are requiring ALL new vendors in the Tampa Bay market to purchase a minimum of 500 cases monthly ($7500+-), 100 cases per machine per year minimum as well, and an exclusivity agreement. He said that since the merger, that they have looked at the existing equipment out and the volume of sales being generated, and they feel that at the expense is too great to invest into a new vendor on the program under these levels. Blah Blah Blah. If you had 100 or so stops you could do this, but I think I'll just use Vistar. Keep buying used until I can afford new. Unless this other option works out.

Checking out Pepsi tomorrow.

Coke turned me down for their 3rd party equipment program today. I met with their rep, and explained that I wanted to join the program. He politely told me to forget about it. They are requiring ALL new vendors in the Tampa Bay market to purchase a minimum of 500 cases monthly ($7500+-), 100 cases per machine per year minimum as well, and an exclusivity agreement. He said that since the merger, that they have looked at the existing equipment out and the volume of sales being generated, and they feel that at the expense is too great to invest into a new vendor on the program under these levels. Blah Blah Blah. If you had 100 or so stops you could do this, but I think I'll just use Vistar. Keep buying used until I can afford new. Unless this other option works out.

Checking out Pepsi tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that you are getting caught by all the changes going on at CCE. :( I think that the days of using a third party program to start and grow a vending business are rapidly coming to an end.

BTW, great talking to you today!

Sorry to hear that you are getting caught by all the changes going on at CCE. :( I think that the days of using a third party program to start and grow a vending business are rapidly coming to an end.

BTW, great talking to you today!

I think you're right about that.

It was truly a pleasure. BTW Thanks. Your advice helped me discover what I believe was the culprit of what was killing my coin mech. I posted in my other thread.

best way is if you come across a route with 3rd party machines just transfer the agreement over. Usually the long term 3rd party guys have a different older agreement in place. Thats what I did because they told me the same thing at first then I just had another guys agreement transferred once I purchased the route and now I can get machines.

best way is if you come across a route with 3rd party machines just transfer the agreement over. Usually the long term 3rd party guys have a different older agreement in place. Thats what I did because they told me the same thing at first then I just had another guys agreement transferred once I purchased the route and now I can get machines.

It has become a moot point for me now, as I had a wonderful discussion with Pepsi and they are all too happy to supply me with as many DN3800, dn540, or dn720 machines I want as long as I buy any 15 cases per month per machine. Delivery free, service free, can't beat it, and should've done it sooner. I'll use there machines to save the capital to buy my own, and send them back when I no longer need them. I am going to be all over this like white on rice, on a paper plate in a snow storm baby! I already have spots for 2 and after that skies the limit.

It has become a moot point for me now, as I had a wonderful discussion with Pepsi and they are all too happy to supply me with as many DN3800, dn540, or dn720 machines I want as long as I buy any 15 cases per month per machine. Delivery free, service free, can't beat it, and should've done it sooner. I'll use there machines to save the capital to buy my own, and send them back when I no longer need them. I am going to be all over this like white on rice, on a paper plate in a snow storm baby! I already have spots for 2 and after that skies the limit.

Thats awesome Jeremy, can't wait to see how your growth sky rockets!

Archived