Investors for small business startup?

caserri

Does anyone know of a website that brings together individual investors and people in need of funding to start their small business?

Im looking to get back into a small business that is in the vending industry (not bulk or full line) and am in need of a few start up dollars.

If anyone knows of a site or other solution, other than a traditional loan, please let me know.

If I can get this off the ground, you'll be reading about my progress here on the forum since it is technically a vending business. I may have to create a new category for it.

Sent using the Tapatalk Forum Viewer for iPod & Android.

No Bill. Its something I used to do 20 years ago as an independent contractor for a company. I always said that I would love to do it on my own. Having done it first hand, I know what to expect from it. (both in terms of income and work required) It is a type of vending business, nothing "virtual" or "online".

I also think it would make a great additional category here on the forum.

Im looking for something like www.gobignetwork.com or similar. Any feedback on these sites?

Less than 10k. I looked at prosper but their application process was a bit too similar to a traditional loan in terms of requirements of the borrower. They are actually a loan company and make loans backed by the investments of its "investing" members. I am looking more for a way to get help from individuals who want to invest in a startup and receive a return on their investment in say, a year or less.

What about a Business Angel investor?

Angel Capital Association

The Angel Capital Assoc (ACA) above is just one example of Angel organizations available.

There are lots of groups like the ACA worldwide.

Most major cities have individual Angels too.

I've never used one but I have read up quite a bit on their offerings.

They are often more appealing than the traditional business loan when looking for a small amount of funding like you are currently seeking.

Steve

Why don't you see how many Vendiscuss members would like to be a part of the start up investment.

I would say count me in, but I am guessing you don't have any protection for your idea right now, so you are keeping things hush hush.

Ive put together a financial plan that will get me started for between 5-7k.

Pressing onward. Wish me luck!

Sent using the Tapatalk Forum Viewer for Android.

Ive put together a financial plan that will get me started for between 5-7k.

Pressing onward. Wish me luck!

Why don't you tell us what you are doing so we can saturate your market. LOL! ;D

Why don't you tell us what you are doing so we can saturate your market. LOL!

All in good time my friend! You'll all have a front row seat to watch me make it or watch me crash and burn. No matter what happens, I wont pull a "dsimms".

Geez I wish I lived in Delaware! I am setting up my LLC for this new venture, and the state fee for Massachusetts is $500. By contrast, the state fee for Delaware is $140, however, if I register in Delaware I have to register as a foreign entity LLC in Massachusetts.

Cost for that? $500!

How much are you looking for? Have you looked at something like prosper.com? (I think that`s the correct address)

I loved prosper! I helped fund 3 loans that all paid out in full, then they went through a reorganization and are not approved for Texas yet.

Yeah, I looked at prosper but like I said, they are an actual bank (Web Bank, a Utah chartered industrial bank) As such, they have deemed me "un-lendable" due to an unsavory debt to income ratio. =(

I wish they would do as they advertise and let their investor members decide that. Im willing to pay the max interest if they would just let me in.

Archived