Information on Genesis GVG 19-6 Combo

mdm

Hi, I want to if any have a genesis combo machine and how well they do.

looking to purchase. But want a heads up on product and getting parts and also warranty.

This link shows the product http://www.globalvendinggroup.com/VendingMachine/Genesis-GVG19-6-Combo-Machine.html

Thanks

The genesis machines are generally not well rergarded in the industry. I won`t buy one at any price for use in my business.They have little resale value and can frequently be found on CL for 200-300 bucks. If you are determined to get one get it used. You will likely never get your money back on a new purchase.

Thanks Mission vending,

That's a bit disappointing, but I rather be disappointed now than to be disappiont after purchasing.

What is your recommendation for a good combo that is not expensive?

mdm

Hey there,

I have 6 of those Genesis models out in the field working for me since the 1st quarter of this year & I'm very happy with their performance! Mine have 5 tube conlux changers and ICT bill acceptors in them. The programing modes are quite simple to navigate & implement, and the price labels are easy to change. I really like the fact that you can lock the sliding control panel & money acceptors with a different key than the main door lock & key. 2 things to really be aware of: make sure the snack products are placed in the augers correctly...if not, they will hang up, and I noticed there is a considerable gap between the bottom of the coin mech and the top of the coin return chute, which allows coins to be flung against the back of the sliding panel by the coin mech instead of down the return chute. I "fixed" this issue by using some gorilla tape, double sided tape, and a piece of plastic, to create a baffle that blocks the coins from being flung to the side of the coin return chute opening.

I definitely would not purchase these machines new, but I would buy them all day long for a good price on Craig's list. It would take too long to get back your ROI if purchased new. I've got some pictures of some of my Genesis on location if you want to check it out on my website www.mrallworldsinc.com. Quickly, just to give you an idea of what kind of productivity I get from my Genesis, I have one that averages about $115+ per week. There is usually 3 of the 6 drinks sold out and maybe 2 snack items gone. Another averages about $75+ per week and usually 2 of the 6 drinks are sold out and again, maybe 2 snack items empty. My sorriest Genesis account does about $15 per week.

What's so crazy about the Genesis machines is that I've gotten more compliments about that machine & it's great looks than any other machine that I've had in 16 years of vending, except for the Dixie Narco BevMax series! Hope this adds food for thought...

My Genesis is very annoying.

Constantly doesn't take dollars, or doesn't give correct change. It's hard to work on.

I wish I had known about them before I bought it.

I will not get another one.

The validator on the older Genesis machines definitely take a bit to maintain. They have to be serviced every 6 months to a year, its not a terribly hard thing to do once you figure it out, but time costs money too.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there,

I have 6 of those Genesis models out in the field working for me since the 1st quarter of this year & I'm very happy with their performance! Mine have 5 tube conlux changers and ICT bill acceptors in them. The programing modes are quite simple to navigate & implement, and the price labels are easy to change. I really like the fact that you can lock the sliding control panel & money acceptors with a different key than the main door lock & key. 2 things to really be aware of: make sure the snack products are placed in the augers correctly...if not, they will hang up, and I noticed there is a considerable gap between the bottom of the coin mech and the top of the coin return chute, which allows coins to be flung against the back of the sliding panel by the coin mech instead of down the return chute. I "fixed" this issue by using some gorilla tape, double sided tape, and a piece of plastic, to create a baffle that blocks the coins from being flung to the side of the coin return chute opening.

I definitely would not purchase these machines new, but I would buy them all day long for a good price on Craig's list. It would take too long to get back your ROI if purchased new. I've got some pictures of some of my Genesis on location if you want to check it out on my website www.mrallworldsinc.com. Quickly, just to give you an idea of what kind of productivity I get from my Genesis, I have one that averages about $115+ per week. There is usually 3 of the 6 drinks sold out and maybe 2 snack items gone. Another averages about $75+ per week and usually 2 of the 6 drinks are sold out and again, maybe 2 snack items empty. My sorriest Genesis account does about $15 per week.

What's so crazy about the Genesis machines is that I've gotten more compliments about that machine & it's great looks than any other machine that I've had in 16 years of vending, except for the Dixie Narco BevMax series! Hope this adds food for thought...

Thanks Mr. All World Inc,

Great information, unfortuately I did not win the bid for the machine it was on ebay. It had a buy it now for $1900.

I made an offer for $1100,but got out bid.

I like your website,if you don't mind me asking,do you do this full time or do have a day job?

Mdm

Thanks Mr. All World Inc,

Great information, unfortuately I did not win the bid for the machine it was on ebay. It had a buy it now for $1900.

I made an offer for $1100,but got out bid.

I like your website,if you don't mind me asking,do you do this full time or do have a day job?

Mdm

Hey there Mdm, sorry for the delay with my response...couldn't get my signing in act together! Thanks so much for the compliment. I've been doing vending full time since 11/1996 (easy date for me to remember..the company I worked for had been bought out & 48 out of 49 of us got laid off because of duplication!). I had started my route in early '95 with the intentions of building it up into a full time business and leaving my full time job in the summer of '97. Unfortunately I was thrusted 7 -9 months prematurely into the business full time before building the route up to a certain amount of cash flow per month and being in a favorable financial position. I was determined & focused, and everything worked out alright, just took more time to achieve some of my goals.

BTW, my favorite combo machine is the USI combo II. It's a beast of a machine & quite versatile. I just sat up an account where I put 5 machines; 1 DN 440, 1 USI 23 select Eurostyle snack machine, & 3 USI combo II's. I would have rather installed 2 DN BevMax 4's & 2 USI 7 shelf snack machines, but (A)my contact specifically wanted combo machines, and (B) the vending areas are not conducive for large machines side by side.

I guess my point is that the USI Combo's hold a large volume of drinks & snacks in 1 machine, have very nice eye appeal, cools the snack & candy side of the vendor, and best of all, work flawlessly! My contact is very happy with the machines & that's great because she's the kind of contact that most vendors dread having!

Stay away from any and all Genesis machines. Do not go after syand alone accounts that only need a combo machine. If you have combo machines in decent vending accounts a competitor will just take the account from you offering full size machines with much more variety. No future in combo machine vending in the real vending world.

Stay away from any and all Genesis machines. Do not go after syand alone accounts that only need a combo machine. If you have combo machines in decent vending accounts a competitor will just take the account from you offering full size machines with much more variety. No future in combo machine vending in the real vending world.

I have found that Genesis machines have a lot of problems,and they don’t back it up with any sort of customer service.

…But with every major manufacturer from Crane, Wittern, Seaga,and AMS making combo machines, and the reality of the matter being that thereare a whole lot more small locations opening than new Toyota plants beingbuilt, I think it is a misleading statement to say that combo vending doesn’tbelong in professional vending. . It is a great way to get your foot in the door to locations that might grow (ofcourse you as a vending operator must grow along with those locations), andturn medium locations into extra revenue that most people ignore.

Do not go after syand alone accounts that only need a combo machine. If you have combo machines in decent vending accounts a competitor will just take the account from you offering full size machines with much more variety. No future in combo machine vending in the real vending world.

I have 3 combo locations,1is a $1200 per month that doesn't want full size machines in their break room but I do have 2 soda machines in other parts of their plant,the next one is in the same proximity as those others and does $30 a week and the 3rd is a steel supplier that is the newest that I'm hoping turns out to need full size machines.There are other reasons for using combo's.

John

Guys, I have had this conversation many times about combo machines. If they "work" for you then great but they do not fit most professional vending companies business model. Very few if any professional vending companies go after stand along vending accounts that require only a combo machine.

I take that back, their is one LARGE vending company (worlds largest) that has recently started to handle combo machines. They are using the MultiMax machines that are a whole different animal than standard combo machines. These things use pre kitted cartridges to fill the machines. Slide a snack cartridge out put a new one in, same with drinks. They are also utilizing these to go after the OCS stops that usually only had honor boxes. Heck, they also just bought out a huge honor box vendor. If you ask me I think they are trying anything and everything to see what works. However, they have deep enough pockets to make this work. Keep in mind they can put together a combo machine route with 200 stops on it with these cartridge load style machines and make it profitable.

If you are a one man show trying to make a living (part or full time) using combo machines in stand alone locations you are in for a long row to hoe to make a decent living.

John your situation is probably unique and not the norm. I find it odd they dont want full size machines unless they just dont have the room. Either that or they have not had a good sales person from your competition knock on their door yet.

Either way, if you like combo machines have at it. I dont use them nor do I recommend them to any of my clients for many of the same reasons I have already talked about many times.

Archived