First pull for a newbie

rotortech

The first machine that I placed is in a big, national chain tire store. I went to check it on Saturday and noticed that the candy was pretty low. So I went in and serviced it on Monday. I pulled $27 out of it. The machine had been there for a total of 13 calender days. What a surprise!

The first machine that I placed is in a big, national chain tire store. I went to check it on Saturday and noticed that the candy was pretty low. So I went in and serviced it on Monday. I pulled $27 out of it. The machine had been there for a total of 13 calender days. What a surprise!

Excellent job! It's almost always fun to collect the money! Especially the first time at a new location.

First time is great... quite exhilarating. Now doing large collections and having to count the coins... now THAT is not exhilarating when you already know approximately what the count is because you've done it so many times.

That's why my girlfriend does it. I really gotta get a proper coin counter.

First time is great... quite exhilarating. Now doing large collections and having to count the coins... now THAT is not exhilarating when you already know approximately what the count is because you've done it so many times.

That's why my girlfriend does it. I really gotta get a proper coin counter.

Can't she count?

There is nothing like that first collection. I can still remember the feeling. I remember checking those first machines almost every week. I resisted checking the money until the 4 week collection but it killed me watching the candy go down not knowing how much money was in the machine.

Good luck. This is the beginning of all the fun.

Gary

Thanks guys. I am leaving my others until they have a month on location. The candy in them is not dropping as fast as this first one. But I wish it would . . . .

I have been in this for 16 years and I still love to count new locations. I think because you can look at it and say I created that income. I used to peek in on my first location every few days lol.

I used to check in after a week, but now, I wait a full month. Sometimes it's a disappointment, others times it's shockingly good. Enjoy the beginning, I found it to be the most fun, but I still enjoy that first pull!

I used to check in after a week, but now, I wait a full month. Sometimes it's a disappointment, others times it's shockingly good. Enjoy the beginning, I found it to be the most fun, but I still enjoy that first pull!

The second not so much?

It usually gets better in my opinion. As you prune slow locations and change product around to maximize your profit , you can be pleasantly surprised. I just pulled over $200 from 5 machines today.

It usually gets better in my opinion. As you prune slow locations and change product around to maximize your profit , you can be pleasantly surprised. I just pulled over $200 from 5 machines today.

That has to feel good every time.

The second not so much?

I meant to say that I know what to expect from my locations now, so that suprised excitement had abated some over the last year and change. Again, the first pull is always nice. I like the fact that when I am out servicing that I average $150 per hour or more depending on what route I am doing. That's 3 times what I make at my full time job.

If I remember correctly, my first pull ever when I started was around $6.00. It had been onsite for a full 30 days. I remember being very excited about that.

It never really matters how much it is, that first service is always special.

Sent using the Tapatalk Forum Viewer for Android.

If I remember correctly, my first pull ever when I started was around $6.00. It had been onsite for a full 30 days. I remember being very excited about that.

It never really matters how much it is, that first service is always special.

Sent using the Tapatalk Forum Viewer for Android.

I had my hopes up from the beginning thanks to this site. That national average figure was stuck in my head. If I pulled less than $14 from a location I would be disappointed. My wife was excited though! And I loved to make her excited!

I just put two more machines on location today. I will have to rest for a while since I am out of machines until I find the next good deal.

The best advice I recieved and never listened to was to pace myself. I constantly had that problem in the beginning. Oh and keep your supply level up, because you might go to Sam's and find that they don't have the candy you need sometime.

The best advice I recieved and never listened to was to pace myself. I constantly had that problem in the beginning. Oh and keep your supply level up, because you might go to Sam's and find that they don't have the candy you need sometime.

Yes, it worries me that Sam's might be out of the candy that I want when I service my machines. I have some spare candy in an igloo cooler and I have visited my local Sam's several times in the past couple of months to see how their stock is moving.

By the way, I want to say that I appreciate all the suggestions that you people have been making on this topic.

Yes, it worries me that Sam's might be out of the candy that I want when I service my machines. I have some spare candy in an igloo cooler and I have visited my local Sam's several times in the past couple of months to see how their stock is moving.

By the way, I want to say that I appreciate all the suggestions that you people have been making on this topic.

Just ran into this issue today. Sam's only had 5 bags of PMM. 2 pallets of pretzel MM though. Yuck.

I just had an experience similar to Rotortech's . I have 4 head machine at a local Mexican restaurant that stays packed with patrons even during weekdays. I did a pull after 14 days, even though there was still plenty of candy left in the machine: $26.30. Not bad. Now I just need more locations like the Mexican restaurant.

I just had an experience similar to Rotortech's . I have 4 head machine at a local Mexican restaurant that stays packed with patrons even during weekdays. I did a pull after 14 days, even though there was still plenty of candy left in the machine: $26.30. Not bad. Now I just need more locations like the Mexican restaurant.

I have a 3-way rack (a 2"@50c and two 1"@25c ea) in a mexican ice cream shop, and it does about $100/mo. The 2" caps sell out before I can service. I will be upgrading soon.

I did my first pull after one month. I have 6 machines but I only pulled from the three that have been on location all month.

These three machines are Vendesign 4-way with PMM, Chickle Gum, Mike n Ikes, and Skittles.

Tire Store $27.00 on 5/15

$35.50

Hair Salon1 $ 6.75

Hair Salon2 $18.00

That is $87.25 for the month of May. The other machines have not been on location very long so I am waiting until next month on them.

That tire store location is unbelievable! $62.50 in the first 30 days. I will give Hair Salon 1 two more months to see if it improves. It was only in there for three weeks and they were on vacation for one of those weeks.

I learned another thing that I want to pass along to anyone starting out. I took a spray bottle with water in it and a roll of paper towels. All of these machine had sticky hand prints all over the coin mech and the machine base. I was glad I had something to clean it up with. They looked pretty bad.

I like the Vendesign machines very much. I bought 6 machines for $330 so it was hard to pass up. For expansion I am looking at Beaver or NW. I plan on letting these 6 work for a few months before I grow the route.

The people here have given me great information and encouragement. Thanks to all.

I placed another machine today (a Selectivend "Classic" AM, single head from Quill.com), at a Thai restaurant. Filled it with 112 oz. of plain M&Ms ($13.79 at Costco).

This is only my third machine/location. So far, I've had pretty good luck just walking into businesses and asking the manager for permission to place a bulk candy vending machine on the premises. That's how I got the Thai restaurant.

My other two locations are doing reasonably well based on today's pull:

1. Mexican restaurant - doing about $53 a month in revenue

2. Chinese Buffet - doing about $24 a month in revenue

This is some fun!

• 2 weeks later...

I secured another location today, a Mexican restaurant. I'm totally psyched! I will place the machine tomorrow. The great thing is that this new location is owned by the same person who owns my other Mexican restaurant account (currently yielding about $60 a month), and she owns a third resteraunt close enough for me to add to my route, so I may end up with 2 new accounts. This is some fun.

Archived