Full coin mechanism

I have this problem on some of the machines (I am new)....I feel up the coin mechanism and a week later, coins are less in the coin mechanism

and they are in the bucket.

I know there is a way to setup so the coin mechanism remains full and the excess goes in the bucket.

Thanks for any help

I have this problem on some of the machines (I am new)....I feel up the coin mechanism and a week later, coins are less in the coin mechanism

I know there is a way to setup so the coin mechanism remains full and the excess goes in the bucket.

Thanks for any help

There is a setting for the coin mech. It depends on which model you have. My single price soda machines use coinco changers, and there are dip switches on them. One is labeled LO25 if you have it on the quarters dump into the bucket when the tube is half full, so everytime you fill it up, it dispenses quarters from the tube for change, but dumps extras into the coin box until it falls below the set amount. Only then will it put quarters back into the tube. Multi price machines have a similar setup, but honestly everyone of those that I own has been set up to fill up when I got it, so I haven't had to mess with the setting.

There is a setting for the coin mech. It depends on which model you have. My single price soda machines use coinco changers, and there are dip switches on them. One is labeled LO25 if you have it on the quarters dump into the bucket when the tube is half full, so everytime you fill it up, it dispenses quarters from the tube for change, but dumps extras into the coin box until it falls below the set amount. Only then will it put quarters back into the tube. Multi price machines have a similar setup, but honestly everyone of those that I own has been set up to fill up when I got it, so I haven't had to mess with the setting.

Yes, thanks. I am not sure how to set them up. Its few of them out of a lot, but I would like to fix it if possible.

Thanks for any help

What coins are low?

Quarters? Nickels? Dimes? All of them?

When you get there and the coins are low in the coin mech have you tried inserting coins to see where they go?

Jeremy is right about the quarter switch and that we really need to know what type of coin acceptor you have. Some of the newer changers have an adjustable float level they may be set on your mech.

I think the setup is on the board itself, but one of the coin mechs is: Mars TRC-6000

That changer needs to have switch 2 set to the off position. Otherwise it will only hold 6 quarters in the tube. When it's set to off it will hold 69. If the other tubes are low, i bet you are only keeping 6 quarters in there and running out of change in the tube, so it spits out all of your nickels and dimes to make change. But you should check like dogcow and technivend said, and make sure that all coins are being accepted and stored in the tubes.

Just to muddy the waters..... this also could be caused by the usage patterns of your customers. Running short on quarters could mean they are using the machine as a bill changer. Short on dimes or nickels could be caused by the price point of the items. For example, a drink machine set at .60 will usually run short on nickels.

Archived