Supermarket Vending Big Boys

Hillbilly

I looked at a location that has 4 racks in it today. 3 five ways and a 7 way. Also 3 cranes,1 soda, 3 sticker machines, and 3 machines like a Shootin Hoops but not a Hoops. All the machines were .50 on the 2" and .25 on the 1". It dumbfounds me that some of the largest vendors in the US have not raised their price points yet. Some of the product I am selling at higher price points and doing well. And they all had candy and gum in all the bottom heads.

They were also some of the dirtiest unkept machines I've ever seen.

I have a really good chance to get a rack or two in this location. Should I go with my .75 price point on the 2" and .50 on the 1" or drop down to their price points? Also, if I drop down, what is the highest commission you would pay?

Thanks

I looked at a location that has 4 racks in it today. 3 five ways and a 7 way. Also 3 cranes,1 soda, 3 sticker machines, and 3 machines like a Shootin Hoops but not a Hoops. All the machines were .50 on the 2" and .25 on the 1". It dumbfounds me that some of the largest vendors in the US have not raised their price points yet. Some of the product I am selling at higher price points and doing well. And they all had candy and gum in all the bottom heads.

They were also some of the dirtiest unkept machines I've ever seen.

I have a really good chance to get a rack or two in this location. Should I go with my .75 price point on the 2" and .50 on the 1" or drop down to their price points? Also, if I drop down, what is the highest commission you would pay?

Thanks

Go in with clean and full equipment. Make sure each head is labeled with the product, vend price, your company name, and service phone number. Go with your price points and give them no more than 25% of the monthly revenue. Show pictures of your equipment vs whats currently in the location to the decision maker. Pictures tell the real story and should secure you the location. Why do some bulk vendors not keep their equipment clean? I've often wondered why. Good luck.

I just put a new rack on location this past week. I offered 20% and was met with the current owner is paying 30%. I said that if I can use broken dirty equipment, not have insurance, and not have to clean the machines that I could happily pay that 30% also. The owner quickly went backwards and took my 20% offer. I was in there two days later and he could not have been happier as a lot of customers commented on the nice machines he has now. I try to sell quality and service and if that does not work I will pass on the location as I know it will come my way eventually.

Archived