What is a SSF Gumball machine?

VBVending

I was at a flea market yesterday. There was a double there on a cheap looking wood stand for $35. I passed because they were SSF. May have been different if I needed machines.

Yes they are a machine to stay away from. The first ad is a SSF. The second ad is a Sega not a SSF.

The history behind SSF dates back to the early "90s" They were a biz op. The marketing was very good. They were part of a group of home based business that were sold by high pressure pitch men. They traveled the country making stops in hundreds of cities and towns. They would book a civic center or similar and pitch 3 to 4 types of business. One was a service that allowed you to buy over stocks at rock bottom prices. Then you could resell for a profit. Another was a company where you made trading cards and business cards and another was SSF.

The SSf deal was that they vended "winner" mints. And the prize was a free three night getaway. The free stay was a time share that you had to attend a sales pitch for. You bought the free stay from SSF for 10.00 each and the winner mints has a star on them that you also bought from SSF.

Archived