Anyone know a locator named Melanie?

sherlock

Ran across an ad for a locator named "Melanie".

I wondered if anyone here knew her.

Contact info:

716 217 0412

www.melanieslocating.webs.com

Website tells me this is a new company...but, thought maybe someone had dealt with her in the past.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Contacted Melanie about getting a couple locations, had high hopes at first when she sent me a pizza place. However when I went to locate machine owner was completely disinterested in the idea and would not allow me to place a machine. Sent Melanie an email to update her on the situation and she promptly got me another location, a sandwich shop location. Only thing was I already have a double there that I had got from Kickstart a year ago. So again I sent her an email to give her an update and this is the response I got

locations

Melanies BulkLocating <melslocating@gmail.com>

Add to Contacts

To: James Mainor <mainor5251@yahoo.com>

Hello, I have given to you 2 locations that you were not able to place....I can not give any more locations to you because I must protect my self from scamer vendors......I am not calling you a scamer ....Is just i have these same reason of why vendors cant place and then I find out it was lies......Just to protect myself if you want any more locations you will have to pay the fee of $45 and then I will find you another location....I can invoice you with paypal if you like...I take debit credit or you can send a check or money order.

--

Melanie S.

www.melanieslocating.webs.com

Seems to me this is part of the locating business, not being willing to make a few phone calls to verify what I was telling her tells me shes not serious about the locating business, just something she does when its convenient for her, oh well just add it to the rest of the unsatisfied locator experiences. I'm not in the business of paying locators up front anymore unless they agree to locate specifically off my call list so doesn't look like we will be doing business.

Melanie sent me a used car dealer location today, not in the zip code areas I provided but gonna go ahead and take it and try to place a single head gumball there tomorrow, they have a 2nd location on the beach I'll go ahead and try to lock it up too so it will make the transaction a little more worth while.

Well after seeing location (a small portable building on a little used car lot) I informed Melanie That I could not accept the location just for her sake and also what kind of locations I expect when paying $45 each for. I don't imagine I will ever find a locator who can provide the service I'm looking for. I think I'll stick to doing my own locating for now.

Archived