A better explanation

agrantha

I know we have addressed this question at least 100 times, but I am struggling to understand. There is a Japanese restaurant across the street from my job that has two candy machines in it... a large spiral gumball machine in which I did not even look to see who the manufacturer is. I don't care about spiral gumball machines even though the machine is in new like condition. Beside it is an empty Northwestern triple in new like condition. I looked around the machine for contact information. I could not find it. So I looked around the spiral gumball machine to find contact information, but could not find it. I went inside to ask an employee. She did not know who owned the machines.

How could someone abandon these great looking machines. I can understand someone abandoning some of the junk that I have seen, but not these. What is going on???

The machines may actually belong to the owner or possibly friends or relatives of the owner. If that is the case, then no ID card is really needed inside the machine. Many owners or friends/relatives of the owners usually make for bad vendors.

What blows my mind even more is when business owners tolerate empty machines for such a long long time and do nothing about it. Wish someome could explain THAT to me!

The machines may actually belong to the owner or possibly friends or relatives of the owner. If that is the case, then no ID card is really needed inside the machine. Many owners or friends/relatives of the owners usually make for bad vendors.

What blows my mind even more is when business owners tolerate empty machines for such a long long time and do nothing about it. Wish someome could explain THAT to me!

I think this speaks to the apathy of business owners to vending as a general statement. That is both good and bad for us as vending operators. Business owners have a business to run and can't be bothered with our stupid little vending machines. Until you don't pay them then they seem to come out of the coma. :o Ask the owner if you can buy the equipment cheap.

I think this speaks to the apathy of business owners to vending as a general statement. That is both good and bad for us as vending operators. Business owners have a business to run and can't be bothered with our stupid little vending machines. Until you don't pay them then they seem to come out of the coma. :o Ask the owner if you can buy the equipment cheap.

I offer to put in a new clean machine that I will service every month. And, by the way, I can remove that old machine for you if you can not locate the owner. I am still pretty new at this but after placing only 6 machines I have come across businesses who have had a bad experience with vending. I really try hard to improve their opinion of vending and of my service.

I was out locating a while back. Walked in on a multi-service place because I noticed a double super 60 on a tempo stand in the window. It was chained to the fixtures so it wouldn't walk away (this was a low-income area). But they were completely empty. They were once filled with candy, but now they were just lined with dust. I asked about buying them from the location, but they said that it was owned by a client of theirs. I remember making a locating run in this area several months ago, and saw the same empty machines then too. So I know they've been empty for months if not years.

Every time I run across an abandoned machine, I make an effort to try and find any contact information on the owner, so I can offer to buy them out.

often times it is the owner or a friend of the owner that has empty machines inside locations,so be careful how you approach the biz owner about it.

I have a location that has a single gumball head that is empty more then it is empty.after about a year I decided to upgrade my rack with an extra head with gumballs.most of the time people think they are going to get rich quick and easily with vending,once they realize this isn`t the case,the locations suffer , machines are abandoned , and vendors are given a bad reputation.

I was talking my sales rep at Beaver yesterday and he was saying they get calls all of the time from store owners asking them to come and get their machines. It seems very common to not have any id on machines so they call Beaver thinking they own them.

I was talking my sales rep at Beaver yesterday and he was saying they get calls all of the time from store owners asking them to come and get their machines. It seems very common to not have any id on machines so they call Beaver thinking they own them.

Have your sales rep redirect the calls to Vendiscuss. We will send someone out to recover the machines. ;D

often times it is the owner or a friend of the owner that has empty machines inside locations,so be careful how you approach the biz owner about it.

There's no harm in talking-up your superior service and clean machines. Yes, if it belongs to the owner, he might get miffed at you, but were you really ever going to win the machine or the location if that was the case? I don't think so.

There's no harm in talking-up your superior service and clean machines. Yes, if it belongs to the owner, he might get miffed at you, but were you really ever going to win the machine or the location if that was the case? I don't think so.

there is a small chance that he would.most of us are aware that doing vending with one location or even 2 or 3 isn`t the best case scenario.if he has bought slow movers the items will just stay in the machine and make very little,and he will have money tied up in machines and toys for nothing.while I think it is unlikely it could happen.sometimes they get tired of messing with it or whatever may be the case it could happen.

Archived