Mobile food truck undermine nutrition initiatives

Here is the story:

Click Here

Just goes to show you that "banning" foods doesn't work. If they want it some sort of black market will emerge. In my city locations we have found numerous instances of people bringing in stuff that has been "banned" from the machines and selling it to their officemates.

Here is the story:

Click Here

Just goes to show you that "banning" foods doesn't work. If they want it some sort of black market will emerge. In my city locations we have found numerous instances of people bringing in stuff that has been "banned" from the machines and selling it to their officemates.

They could ban students from exiting school property at lunch time. That was the rule when I was in High School. Plus the way most of the newer schools are built around here inside residential areas, it would be difficult for these guys to operate.

That sounds like an odd work environment to me, but every place is different. Everyone in my place shares or orders lunch everyday....."hey Jim, I'm a little short today could I get a Snickers from you and give you the dollar tomorrow?" lol That would be some funny stuff.

Have the changes dramatically affected your sales?

They could ban students from exiting school property at lunch time. That was the rule when I was in High School. Plus the way most of the newer schools are built around here inside residential areas, it would be difficult for these guys to operate.

That sounds like an odd work environment to me, but every place is different. Everyone in my place shares or orders lunch everyday....."hey Jim, I'm a little short today could I get a Snickers from you and give you the dollar tomorrow?" lol That would be some funny stuff.

Have the changes dramatically affected your sales?

and as a vendor I`m sure you`ve always got a extra Snickers in the lunch box. Most likely one that is slightly squashed that you don`t want to put in a machine. :)

Yes the changes dramatically impacted sales. Initial drop after the changeover was over 50%. It`s been a little over a year and sales have come back up a little, last couple of months have us about 35% down compared to prior changeover.

Have another meeting next month with the nutritionist and we are going to try to get approval to introduce the natural and organic lineup that I have been experimenting with.

and as a vendor I`m sure you`ve always got a extra Snickers in the lunch box. Most likely one that is slightly squashed that you don`t want to put in a machine. :)

Yes the changes dramatically impacted sales. Initial drop after the changeover was over 50%. It`s been a little over a year and sales have come back up a little, last couple of months have us about 35% down compared to prior changeover.

Have another meeting next month with the nutritionist and we are going to try to get approval to introduce the natural and organic lineup that I have been experimenting with.

BTW have not forgotten that e-mail I owe you. Will be able to get on that computer tomorrow.

I might get grumbled at here, but I was in my old high school this week and strolled past the vending machines. I understand why CA students would leave campus to get their chips and sodas!

In my old school, the vending machines have water, Gatorade, vitamin water, and the minute maid juices.

For food if you don't want the nasty cafeteria food, you have the options of nutragrain bars, sun chips, raisins, and organic stuff.

Now I know why Micky D's and the two burger joints are packed with teenagers after school! Only Seniors are allowed to leave for lunch.

wow in the county where i grew up no schools had open lunch (meaning you couldnt leave the campus) in the environment today where everyone is very overprtective of their kids i am surprised this is even allowed.

wow in the county where i grew up no schools had open lunch (meaning you couldnt leave the campus) in the environment today where everyone is very overprtective of their kids i am surprised this is even allowed.

When I was in high school (a long long long time ago) we could leave campus for lunch as a junior or senior. My daughter graduated last year and they could leave campus as seniors as well.

Archived