Route Price Evaluation Please

It's been a good month in the bulk vending department and I'm finally making the dive into Soda/Snacks.

I ran across this route for sale:

Two combination snack / drink vending machines on well established revenue generating locations. (I'll include pic of machines)

These machines have been on these locations for over 3 years. (One is at a Bank, One is at a Police Station)

There is no commission paid to the customers for these accounts.

- I spoke with the owner and he has over 60 accounts and these are farthest from him and close to me (about 5 miles)

- He said each one does about $100 a month (Not sure if gross or net, phone was breaking up)

- Both come with bill changers, one has a bottled water slot, one does not.

- I could probably place a 3 headed bulk candy machine here as well for a little more income

- He wants $2500, what should I offer?

Thanks for the help in advance......

post-2737-0-80825700-1306511078_thumb.jpg

stay away

1. the equipment is worth nothing, zero, its junk

2. the locations generating $100 a month, forget it. u can find locations generating more than that

just by calling thru the phone book and asking if they want a soda machine at their business and buy a $350 used drink machine off craigs list.

3. for snacks, a location @ $100 gross ( drinks generate more revenue) u will have huge problems with spoilage and probably wil lose money

dont let the guy bs you, hes selling because the locations are junk

stay away

1. the equipment is worth nothing, zero, its junk

2. the locations generating $100 a month, forget it. u can find locations generating more than that

just by calling thru the phone book and asking if they want a soda machine at their business and buy a $350 used drink machine off craigs list.

3. for snacks, a location @ $100 gross ( drinks generate more revenue) u will have huge problems with spoilage and probably wil lose money

dont let the guy bs you, hes selling because the locations are junk

That's exactly what I thought, but wanted to hear it from somebody else.

I've overpaid for the same type of location in the past. Police stations seem good because they are 24 hrs, but the cops will just jump in their car to go get something to eat. The lady at the dispatch counter is the only one who will use it. We have one now and it only does about $20 every 2 weeks. Not great, but it did get us into the City Hall building which does have more foot traffic, workers and public meetings. Having that "bad" location also allowed us to get the Library which does $80 every 2 weeks. Not great, but it is a nice little cluster.

I personally would not pay more than $750 for these locations combined. That's all the machines are worth. They serve a purpose, but not anywhere near that price.

Good luck!

Michael

Archived