Royal 768 Question

Is this machine able to take $5 bills.....the reason I ask is that I have DBV's installed in 2 machines. Each validator is set up to accept $5 bills and neither one will. Am I missing a programming option on the machine itself or will this machine not take $5's.

Thanks

Travis

I have tried new and old $5 bills. Both of my validators have been updated to the new currency.

I have a VN2512 in one machine and a BP2BX in the other (Tried two different BP2BX).

On the BP2BX version, I ensured that the validator was programmed to accept 1's and 5's. Both will take the 1, but not the 5's

Thanks

Travis

The 768 should take $5's (I assume it is a Merlin IV) and I can't see nor do I ever remember having to set that feature in the machine. That would leave the validators as the culprit but unless you are just unlucky and got a bunch of vals that won't take the new $5 it is strange. Have you confirmed that any of these validators will take a new $5 or tried a known val that does in this machine?

Remember, we have three $5 bills in circulation. The old (small head), The old new (big head), and the new (big head with color)

Archived