What to say when the owner/manager is not there...

swisha2k

Hello Guys & Gals...

I just got started in vending and I'm just trying to build a solid sales strategy...

I have a few open questions:

1) Do you locate on a whim or do you map out your sales calls for the day?

2) How do you get in contact with the decision maker? (I've been running into employees all day and they always tell me to leave my card or "the owner is not here"...

Thanks!

Hello Guys & Gals...

I just got started in vending and I'm just trying to build a solid sales strategy...

I have a few open questions:

1) Do you locate on a whim or do you map out your sales calls for the day?

2) How do you get in contact with the decision maker? (I've been running into employees all day and they always tell me to leave my card or "the owner is not here"...

Thanks!

I haven't called anybody, at least not yet. I drive around looking for the right sorts of places. The business has to meet the following criteria: (a) within a 10 mile radius of my home (B) actually has a space for the machine; © has either a significant amount of foot traffic or the available space for the machine is in some kind of waiting room (or both). When the criteria are met, I ask for the manager and make my pitch. The approach is working pretty well so far. I've secured 2 locations out of about 5 tries with less than 2 hours invested.

Getting to the decision maker is a matter of luck. If you want the place bad enough, you have to keep going back at different times. You can leave your business card, but they will never call you. You have to catch them when they are in.

I haven't called anybody, at least not yet. I drive around looking for the right sorts of places. The business has to meet the following criteria: (a) within a 10 mile radius of my home (B) actually has a space for the machine; © has either a significant amount of foot traffic or the available space for the machine is in some kind of waiting room (or both). When the criteria are met, I ask for the manager and make my pitch. The approach is working pretty well so far. I've secured 2 locations out of about 5 tries with less than 2 hours invested.

Getting to the decision maker is a matter of luck. If you want the place bad enough, you have to keep going back at different times. You can leave your business card, but they will never call you. You have to catch them when they are in.

Crimson Tide - 2 out of 5 is extremely good IMO. I am pretty new at this but I am a decent presenter. I get about 1 out of 10. I do cold calls to businesses like the ones that you describe. I have also used the phone. The phone is more like 1 out of 15 but it saves gas and time. I think all will agree, placing the machines is the hardest part of this business.

Crimson Tide - 2 out of 5 is extremely good IMO. I am pretty new at this but I am a decent presenter. I get about 1 out of 10. I do cold calls to businesses like the ones that you describe. I have also used the phone. The phone is more like 1 out of 15 but it saves gas and time. I think all will agree, placing the machines is the hardest part of this business.

That is why I pay Kick Start. I only locate on my own when a business inquires as to what I am doing or how can they get a machine. Businesses ask me about NCCS when they see the NCCS lanyard around my neck.

Archived