Oooh no the competition is heating up

dpvnc

Not really. I have had this one location since last October. It is about three minutes drive from my work. It is a little tiny japanese take out place. I got this machine for 5.00 stand and all last year. (I used it as my avatar for a while) This place does on a High month maybe 5.00 Low month 1.00. I go in tonight to get my buck or so there is a black triple Seaga setting next to my paid for 5.00 machine. Wow a whopping 2 bucks for a month but that is a dollar more than last month. Now this Seaga is a bit dirty the skittlles column was empty and the other columns less than half full but it is sporting a newer NCCS decal. So what's a man to do? Maybe bouncey balls until I find it a new home I just do not want it in the garage right now.

Keep it. the other vendor will leave when he realizes what little volume the location generates. You've been there awhile, develop a relationship with the owner/manager, and visit every couple of months. Or call the vendor in a month or so and see if he wants to sell.

Not really. I have had this one location since last October. It is about three minutes drive from my work. It is a little tiny japanese take out place. I got this machine for 5.00 stand and all last year. (I used it as my avatar for a while) This place does on a High month maybe 5.00 Low month 1.00. I go in tonight to get my buck or so there is a black triple Seaga setting next to my paid for 5.00 machine. Wow a whopping 2 bucks for a month but that is a dollar more than last month. Now this Seaga is a bit dirty the skittlles column was empty and the other columns less than half full but it is sporting a newer NCCS decal. So what's a man to do? Maybe bouncey balls until I find it a new home I just do not want it in the garage right now.

$2/mo.? Remove the machine, it is not worth your time, gas, product or potential loss from theft or vandalism.

$2/mo.? Remove the machine, it is not worth your time, gas, product or potential loss from theft or vandalism.

Remove the machine. That is a garbage location.

Dave,

Take the machine and go get a haircut. Tell the barber your story and when you are done getting your haircut, ask if you can leave it there. Odds are in your favor he'll let you. It will probably do more than $2 a month as well.

PS. It didn't work for me. I now have a new barber.

I agree with Rick Falcon.....leave it there until you find a new home. It is a $5 machine that is three minutes from DP's employer so gas is not an issue. It doesn't sound like a high risk location so I wouldn't worry about theft or vandalism especially with a $5 machine that has already paid for itself. Many operators are ready to pull their equipment after one or two bad pulls. I have been doing this for years and have seen huge sales fluctuations in many of my locations in a calender year. Many times it just takes determining what sells in that location. All it takes is one employee or customer who loves an item in your machine to turn sales around.

I agree with Rick Falcon.....leave it there until you find a new home. It is a $5 machine that is three minutes from DP's employer so gas is not an issue. It doesn't sound like a high risk location so I wouldn't worry about theft or vandalism especially with a $5 machine that has already paid for itself. Many operators are ready to pull their equipment after one or two bad pulls. I have been doing this for years and have seen huge sales fluctuations in many of my locations in a calender year. Many times it just takes determining what sells in that location. All it takes is one employee or customer who loves an item in your machine to turn sales around.

OK

That makes sense.

• 1 month later...

Archived