Ambulance service dispatch center

Has anyone had an ambulance depot as a location? How does/did it do?

I saw one today and just started to wonder.

From my experience the good news is you have people there 24/7. The bad news is that the dispatchers are usually the only ones there, so my guess would be 5 or less at the location.

Unless you find that there are at least 15-20 people there 24/7 I`d pass. Even that # is iffy, but guys that work the graveyard shift are good for the vending business.

I haven't placed one, but I checked into one that had at least 6ppl on the grave yard shift, and from 8am-8pm had at least 12ppl there.

They didn't have a problem with a machine there but they warned me that most of them go to the gas station to get a fountain drink because if they are in uniform, they get the drinks for free, and they had a machine there once before and if the vendor was being honest, they got enough commission to warrant roughly 20-25vends a MONTH.

From my experience the good news is you have people there 24/7. The bad news is that the dispatchers are usually the only ones there, so my guess would be 5 or less at the location.

Unless you find that there are at least 15-20 people there 24/7 I`d pass. Even that # is iffy, but guys that work the graveyard shift are good for the vending business.

Yeppers...

I have seen and called on one that was HUGE with like 100+ people at any given time in a large city. If not you are looking at what mission has said and I would not do one that size. BTW the one with 100+ people had a full time nurse on staff that was bound and determioned to go all healthy in the vending machine if she had her way. I knew that was the direction that she was going to push sooner or later. I passed on that one to and did not do a proposal.

I have 2 of these, it all depends on how many dispatchers are there during the time(like Mission said).....most of these companies have other types of business operations on site, where there is a day time crew 6 or 7 days aweek....the drivers are only on site to stock their trucks or to change shifts, then they r gone.....

Archived