Reporting theft or vandalism to competitors

RJT

I thought I would share my thoughts on the subject about a problem that has always been an issue with vending operators, theft and vandalism. With the economy so bad it just gets worse. Besides your own precautions one thing to consider is reporting situations to other operators. This of it as a “gentleman’s agreement”. You don’t have to go down the list and call everyone but a simple email blast would be great. I can understand not wanting to talk to someone on the phone that is a competitor. That is why I say a simple email keeps it “not personal” in nature, so no worries of “small talk” and such that you may not want to have.

I don’t mean if someone breaks into one machine. However, if a driver gets robbed or you have multiple locations hit than send an email blast. The more information we can share like this the better. Give details of what happen. If it was hotel locations, rest stops, a break in to your warehouse, robbery, etc. This information sharing can help everyone in the vending business. You may want to send out an email first asking them to do this “gentleman’s agreement” so everyone will be on the same page before a situation happens.

Here is what they would look like:

ATTENTION VENDING OPERATORS!!

ABC Vending had multiple machines broke into at hotel locations Thursday night. At one location the night clerk said she noticed three white males in their teens hanging around the parking lot at about 11:00 pm. Two had dark brown hair and one was blonde. She noticed one had a large tattoo on one leg.

When she went outside to see what they were doing they ran off on foot.

They pried the doors on 4 snack machines and took money and a few snacks at each location.

If you have similar situations please report them to me and any other operators in the area.

Regards,

R. Thomason

Café Express Vending

One of our drivers was held up by knife at an apartment complex. The robber was a white male, aprox 18-23 yo, 6’ tall, wearing jeans, black t-shirt, and white tennis shoes. The driver was not hurt but our driver said the guy was “very serious” and felt like he would have hurt him if he didn’t do what he was told. He took various money bags and left in a gray Honda Accord. The driver got a partial plate # which was a NC tag DVW-:huh:

Please call the police if you see a car matching this description and person.

Regards,

R. Thomason

Café Express Vending

I thought I would share my thoughts on the subject about a problem that has always been an issue with vending operators, theft and vandalism. With the economy so bad it just gets worse. Besides your own precautions one thing to consider is reporting situations to other operators. This of it as a “gentleman’s agreement”. You don’t have to go down the list and call everyone but a simple email blast would be great. I can understand not wanting to talk to someone on the phone that is a competitor. That is why I say a simple email keeps it “not personal” in nature, so no worries of “small talk” and such that you may not want to have.

I don’t mean if someone breaks into one machine. However, if a driver gets robbed or you have multiple locations hit than send an email blast. The more information we can share like this the better. Give details of what happen. If it was hotel locations, rest stops, a break in to your warehouse, robbery, etc. This information sharing can help everyone in the vending business. You may want to send out an email first asking them to do this “gentleman’s agreement” so everyone will be on the same page before a situation happens.

Here is what they would look like:

ABC Vending had multiple machines broke into at hotel locations Thursday night. At one location the night clerk said she noticed three white males in their teens hanging around the parking lot at about 11:00 pm. Two had dark brown hair and one was blonde. She noticed one had a large tattoo on one leg.

When she went outside to see what they were doing they ran off on foot.

They pried the doors on 4 snack machines and took money and a few snacks at each location.

If you have similar situations please report them to me and any other operators in the area.

Regards,

R. Thomason

Café Express Vending

One of our drivers was held up by knife at an apartment complex. The robber was a white male, aprox 18-23 yo, 6’ tall, wearing jeans, black t-shirt, and white tennis shoes. The driver was not hurt but our driver said the guy was “very serious” and felt like he would have hurt him if he didn’t do what he was told. He took various money bags and left in a gray Honda Accord. The driver got a partial plate # which was a NC tag DVW-:huh:

Please call the police if you see a car matching this description and person.

Regards,

R. Thomason

Café Express Vending

Been there. Done that. Some have appreciated the contact and we still call each other once in a while if something is going on but unfortunately most of the vendors I`ve talked to don`t seem to care or appreciate the effort.

Archived