Any good places to get triple bars?

MrGranger

A&A sells the triple bars.

But, the "BEST" place to get them is your local hardware store.

Get yourself a piece of lumber, cut it to size, paint it black to match your stand and you are in business.

Some folks here use something like 1x6 boards.

They like the thin board for a sleeker look and the ability to draw a bolt through it for the machine bases.

I use a 2x6.

I like the beefed up look/stability of the thicker wood, plus I like to drill the bases into the wood rather than bolting.

Either size of board works fine......and at a FRACTION of the cost of a metal triple bar from any equipment supplier.

PLUS - no paying for or waiting for SHIPPING!

Actually, A&A doesn't sell them. I like metal bars myself.

Dang, I'm sorry.

I know I'd gotten some double bars from them in the past....before I started using wood.

Wonder if they quit carrying the bars or if they do double bars only.

I use a 2x6.

I like the beefed up look/stability of the thicker wood, plus I like to drill the bases into the wood rather than bolting.

When you use the 2x6, what kinds of heads do you put on them? Do you use only 1in or a mix of 1in and 2in?

I've made a triple out of 1x6 like you said, and I have it with a two 1in on either side of a 2in machine.

When you use the 2x6, what kinds of heads do you put on them? Do you use only 1in or a mix of 1in and 2in?

I've made a triple out of 1x6 like you said, and I have it with a two 1in on either side of a 2in machine.

I make mostly doubles with the 2x6.

I have a few triples, but not a big fan of triples so I've got only about 3 of those.

All are with 1in only.

For $7 you all could get the ones in the classified I linked to above.

I'm not selling the bars nor am I getting anything for bringing them on this thread.

(Heck, I can't even remember who is selling them)

It just seems like if you are having a hard time finding them, may as well buy them through the Vendiscuss classifieds.

It would save you time and money....what's not to like?

For $7 you all could get the ones in the classified I linked to above.

I'm not selling the bars nor am I getting anything for bringing them on this thread.

(Heck, I can't even remember who is selling them)

It just seems like if you are having a hard time finding them, may as well buy them through the Vendiscuss classifieds.

It would save you time and money....what's not to like?

I already did, thanks. But I was just trying to inform and plan for the future. Also there are others who might be interested. But I'm set right now thanks to Thrifty.

I only buy double and triple plates from Northwestern. They are high quality THICK steel. I do not trust this Chinese crap today. I had purchased some plates from LYPC a few years back and they were so flimsey that they actually bent and drooped like a dog's ears after being on location for a few months! Seems like everyone is cutting corners and watering down stuff these days to save a few pennies - what clowns!

Archived