A little Challenging

agrantha

I placed a machine today at a Pizza, Chicken wing joint. The owner asked me how much of the proceeds go to NCCS. I told him $1.00/month. He expected more money to go toward the charity. I explained to him that this is the system that NCCS set up. They only require $1.00 per month per machine. I explained to the owner that there are 100’s of vendors that do this. That is how NCCS is able to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars each year.

I gave him a copy of the vending agreement and told him if he had any questions about the vending program he could call Shirley Pye.

After my explanation he settled down and allowed me to set my machine in a corner. I ordered a Gyro and we had small talk after that.

This is the first time anyone asked me that question. Most locations don’t care. Whatever you do, tell the truth. You must be willing to lose a location if the truth is not good enough. That is what I like about Kick Start. They will just find me another location.

I use to say that is based on the number of machines I have and I am currently building my route, and now its approx. $20 month, $30 month / $40 etc.

always tried to be vague.

If they were persistent I did just what you said, never lost an account because of it.

Frank

I placed a machine today at a Pizza, Chicken wing joint. The owner asked me how much of the proceeds go to NCCS. I told him $1.00/month. He expected more money to go toward the charity. I explained to him that this is the system that NCCS set up. They only require $1.00 per month per machine. I explained to the owner that there are 100’s of vendors that do this. That is how NCCS is able to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars each year.

I gave him a copy of the vending agreement and told him if he had any questions about the vending program he could call Shirley Pye.

After my explanation he settled down and allowed me to set my machine in a corner. I ordered a Gyro and we had small talk after that.

This is the first time anyone asked me that question. Most locations don’t care. Whatever you do, tell the truth. You must be willing to lose a location if the truth is not good enough. That is what I like about Kick Start. They will just find me another location.

I'm not sure what the challenge was? Many business owners are aware that very little of the money goes to charity. Its been talked about on many local news stations around the country and even on 20/20 and date line. If he were to question you about the donation again you could offer to donate more than the min. that NCCS ask for the machine in his location.

The national average for a vending machine is $10/mo per head. Many charity locations get much less than that. So a single gumball machine that does $10 a month, where the NCCS sticker is only $1 a month comes to a 10% total payout to the charity per month for the one head. So you can say that 10% of the income from this machine goes to charity. Then you can ask the location owner "What percentage of the income from your business goes to charity? Is it higher than 10%?".

The national average for a vending machine is $10/mo per head. Many charity locations get much less than that. So a single gumball machine that does $10 a month, where the NCCS sticker is only $1 a month comes to a 10% total payout to the charity per month for the one head. So you can say that 10% of the income from this machine goes to charity. Then you can ask the location owner "What percentage of the income from your business goes to charity? Is it higher than 10%?".

That might be a turn off if you're asking about his charity % and could get you thrown out.

I also donate monies to local charities. I just send a % of three months out of all machines to the Japan relief. And then the total from a few machines to a fund helping tornado victims in Joplin, MO. So even though NCCS gets a %, it's only part of the picture for my machines. And I usually put a sticker on the machines mentioning the other charities as well.

Dperry

The first part (The national average for a vending machine is $10/mo per head. Many charity locations get much less than that. So a single gumball machine that does $10 a month, where the NCCS sticker is only $1 a month comes to a 10% total payout to the charity per month for the one head. So you can say that 10% of the income from this machine goes to charity.)is a great idea.

The second part (Then you can ask the location owner "What percentage of the income from your business goes to charity? Is it higher than 10%?".) will get you kicked out.

10.00 per head a month!!!!! Glad i'm not average. I have seen and heard of average machine numbers for years. The fact is that no one really knows. Sure I know mine and every one else knows theirs and they change all the time. There is not a central reporting agency and if their was i still would not buy in to it, because their are so many vending machine owners that fly under the radar to avoid taxes. If you have a triple head candy doing 30/month less taxes,fuel,product and spoilage plus the small expenses that add up your not making any money.

The second part (Then you can ask the location owner "What percentage of the income from your business goes to charity? Is it higher than 10%?".) will get you kicked out.

You can't get kicked out if you never get in. That kind of retort is for those location owners who balk at the $1/mo that goes to the charity. Obviously you would couch the comment in a more PC way. Maybe you can say "Ten percent is alot to give. How much do you give to charity each month?"

10.00 per head a month!!!!! Glad i'm not average. I have seen and heard of average machine numbers for years. The fact is that no one really knows. Sure I know mine and every one else knows theirs and they change all the time. There is not a central reporting agency and if their was i still would not buy in to it, because their are so many vending machine owners that fly under the radar to avoid taxes. If you have a triple head candy doing 30/month less taxes,fuel,product and spoilage plus the small expenses that add up your not making any money.

Take it up with NBVA. It's their statistic.

http://www.nbva.org/Averages.html

Take it up with NBVA. It's their statistic.

http://www.nbva.org/Averages.html

According to the 2007 annual Census of the Industry compiled by Vending Times, here are the average annual revenues from these different types of machines for 2006:

If the average 25¢ capsule vending machine generates $225 per year, that unit will produce 900 annual vends or a little less than 2.5 vends per day.  Some locations obviously will do better, some worse.

We estimate that an average charity machine generates around $7.00 per month, or $84 per machine each year. This is less than one vend per day. In part, this lower sales volume is due to the secondary locations at which these machines are located and, in part, due to the presence of multiple charity machines at many locations.

Thank you dperry for helping me prove my point. Those numbers are from 2006. And they are only an estimate. to form an approximate judgment or opinion regarding the worth, amount, size, weight, etc., of; calculate approximately: These number are in no way accurate and are far from a statistic.Statistics is the study of the collection, organization, and interpretation of data.[1][2] It deals with all aspects of this, including the planning of data collection in terms of the design of surveys and experiments.[1]

I would like to see a law passed that would make the sales and monthly donations of charity machines public information. And that would also require the donation % or fixed amount to be posted on the machine.

I would like to see a law passed that would make the sales and monthly donations of charity machines public information. And that would also require the donation % or fixed amount to be posted on the machine.

Yippeee! Let's go for MORE regulation in the vending industry!!!!

The Vending Times website has a statistical page with all sorts of data and the number of machines represented for each year. In 2008 they show a gumball vendor averaging 10.42 month and in the earliest year that included 75,000 charity machines. A capsule vendor avg is 22.08. It is broken down by each kind of vending item. This is from the 2009 Census.

Goes to show you that there must be a lot of vendors who don't report information just like havending said.

But still, donating 5 or 10% of a machine (whether it does 10 or 20 a month) is still very respectable and honorable in my opinion. As said in other posts, there are different ways we all give, and it is all good.

Must be a Democrat <_<

The Vending Times website has a statistical page with all sorts of data and the number of machines represented for each year. In 2008 they show a gumball vendor averaging 10.42 month and in the earliest year that included 75,000 charity machines. A capsule vendor avg is 22.08. It is broken down by each kind of vending item. This is from the 2009 Census.

Goes to show you that there must be a lot of vendors who don't report information just like havending said.

But still, donating 5 or 10% of a machine (whether it does 10 or 20 a month) is still very respectable and honorable in my opinion. As said in other posts, there are different ways we all give, and it is all good.

Well said, giving is great.

Must be a Democrat <_<

LOL. With the leadership we have had the past 12 years I don't clam to be anything. I m sure everyone here is on the up and up. But I like to see the added laws to keep the one out whom make us all look bad.

LOL. With the leadership we have had the past 12 years I don't clam to be anything. I m sure everyone here is on the up and up. But I like to see the added laws to keep the one out whom make us all look bad.

Yeah, it's always good to limit free trade by imposing legislation to limit those that might compete with us!

Bulk vending laws are only as good as the enforcement effort - which is a joke in most states! I mean when is the last time a government official has approached you (via the mail or in person) about any of the various legality issues/regulations/taxes for a gumball or bulk machine??

Bottom line, there is NO GUMBALL POLICE out there!!! If there were, all those Vendstars would be in big trouble! Some might say that this country has bigger problems to deal with rather than hiring more government workers to inspect and regulate gumball machines!

Bulk vending laws are only as good as the enforcement effort - which is a joke in most states! I mean when is the last time a government official has approached you (via the mail or in person) about any of the various legality issues/regulations/taxes for a gumball or bulk machine??

Bottom line, there is NO GUMBALL POLICE out there!!! If there were, all those Vendstars would be in big trouble! Some might say that this country has bigger problems to deal with rather than hiring more government workers to inspect and regulate gumball machines!

Exactly! Maybe you could run for office hav and crack down on these gumball crooks. :lol:

Archived