price increase

I just got a fresh taste of a price increase today.How do you justify charging 15 to 20 cents more for a candy bar?My latest purchase of Hersheys products at 55 cents. :angry: I have customers complaining about 85 cent candy bars.

John

I just got a fresh taste of a price increase today.How do you justify charging 15 to 20 cents more for a candy bar?My latest purchase of Hersheys products at 55 cents. :angry: I have customers complaining about 85 cent candy bars.

John

OK, now that my p-touch is smoking from all the new price stickers I'm printing...... :-*

If you have been looking at Automatic Merchandiser and/or Vending Times its been pretty clear that for the last few months that price increases are coming. I will admit that a single unit jump in price of .13 was somewhat breathtaking and shocking. The thing to remember is that EVERYONE is getting this, some, due to volume purchase power, may not see as much but they are getting hit as well.

I am going to $1.00 on all M&M and Hershey products, raised prices at 6 locations today. Due to the magnitude and suddenness of this increase I've changed the wording on my standard announcement to this:

We all know that from time to time the increasing cost of doing business must be passed along to the consumer. On June 1st we had a price increase of 0.13 per unit on all M&M and Hershey chocolate and candy items. This is by far the single largest unit price increase that I have seen in nearly 20 years of vending. Unfortunately this price increase must be passed along as well, therefore, on my next visit the prices on these products will be raised to $1.00. All other prices will remain the same. Please accept my apologies for the short notice and any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for your past and future business.

Sincerely,

Michael

Mission All Star Vending

Feel free to copy and use.

John

55 CENTS!!!:huh:???? Where do you get your product? last year I was paying anywhere from 50 to 55cents! Now my cost is up to 60 to as high as 67cents!!!!!!!

OK, now that my p-touch is smoking from all the new price stickers I'm printing...... :-*

If you have been looking at Automatic Merchandiser and/or Vending Times its been pretty clear that for the last few months that price increases are coming. I will admit that a single unit jump in price of .13 was somewhat breathtaking and shocking. The thing to remember is that EVERYONE is getting this, some, due to volume purchase power, may not see as much but they are getting hit as well.

I am going to $1.00 on all M&M and Hershey products, raised prices at 6 locations today. Due to the magnitude and suddenness of this increase I've changed the wording on my standard announcement to this:

We all know that from time to time the increasing cost of doing business must be passed along to the consumer. On June 1st we had a price increase of 0.13 per unit on all M&M and Hershey chocolate and candy items. This is by far the single largest unit price increase that I have seen in nearly 20 years of vending. Unfortunately this price increase must be passed along as well, therefore, on my next visit the prices on these products will be raised to $1.00. All other prices will remain the same. Please accept my apologies for the short notice and any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for your past and future business.

Sincerely,

Michael

Mission All Star Vending

Feel free to copy and use.

Thanks Mission,I'll post a similar note on my machines.

John

NinnJinn,

I may stop selling chocolate if I continue to lose money on it. :o 60 to 67 cents is ridiculous to say the least.

Archived