Disposable Vending Machine

agrantha

Today I went to service my Vendstar at a machine fabrication plant. The machine does about $30 per month. The manager approached me and told me my machine was dispensing product (Chiclets) every other vend. He then gave me a quarter and told me to use it. I did and nothing came out. He gave me another quarter and the normal amount of product came out. I offered to give him his money back but he refused. I told him I would bring another machine tomorrow. He smiled and said thank you. He is a really nice guy.

Another guy came along and said the Peanut M&M's were doing the same thing. The machine is now in the trunk of my car with the product. I may loose all of the product before I get off work. LOL!

I bought this slightly used Vendstar about 16 months ago for $75.00. Yes, I know I paid too much but I was very new to vending.

Should I throw this machine away or attempt to fix it. I have one more Vendstar in my garage. That is the one I will use to replace the one that just broke. I do not plan to purchase any more Vendstars but I need a more permanent machine of this location. It is a matter of time before my spare Vendstar star stops working.

Can someone tell me what may have happened inside of this machine to cause it to dispense product every other vend?

I have a predicament here because I cannot find used Northwesterns like I once could, and I would hate to buy a new machine for this location. This place is very dirty.

Please chime in with help

Thanks

I don't know anything about vendstars, but it may be that the problem you are having is a universal problem. It may be that the wheel is not timed properly. For an oak/nw, two whole open sections of the wheel must be visible when looking down at it from the top. If the holes are misaligned, it may cause mis-vends. You have to do this check and alignment with no candy in the head. That might cause both of the wells to empty out during one turn, thereby causing the second well to be empty for the next vend. So the problem may be able to be fixed, and can also occur with other brands of machine.

As Dperry said - it may be an easy fix.

If you can fix the Vendstar without buying any parts, do it.

If the issue is not one that you can fix without spending more money, then toss it or sell it off for parts on Craigslist/Ebay.

Sure you overpaid for it initially, but that does not justify throwing more money at it now.

ANY amount that Vendstar may cost to repair would be better spent towards purchasing a better machine IMO...even if it's just a few dollars.

If I cannot find another used machine for this location I am going to let it go. The only seller in this location is Peanut M&Ms and I am trying to get away from this product. This location does about $10.00 per month in Peanut M&M's. The Mike & Ikes once did well but not any more. Chiclets that requested by the manager do about $5.00 per month.

If I were to put a new machine in this location it would be a double. I refuse to by a brand new machine (Northwestern) for this location.

Today I went to service my Vendstar at a machine fabrication plant. The machine does about $30 per month. The manager approached me and told me my machine was dispensing product (Chiclets) every other vend. He then gave me a quarter and told me to use it. I did and nothing came out. He gave me another quarter and the normal amount of product came out. I offered to give him his money back but he refused. I told him I would bring another machine tomorrow. He smiled and said thank you. He is a really nice guy.

Another guy came along and said the Peanut M&M's were doing the same thing. The machine is now in the trunk of my car with the product. I may loose all of the product before I get off work. LOL!

I bought this slightly used Vendstar about 16 months ago for $75.00. Yes, I know I paid too much but I was very new to vending.

Should I throw this machine away or attempt to fix it. I have one more Vendstar in my garage. That is the one I will use to replace the one that just broke. I do not plan to purchase any more Vendstars but I need a more permanent machine of this location. It is a matter of time before my spare Vendstar star stops working.

Can someone tell me what may have happened inside of this machine to cause it to dispense product every other vend?

I have a predicament here because I cannot find used Northwesterns like I once could, and I would hate to buy a new machine for this location. This place is very dirty.

Please chime in with help

Thanks

I am currently having this same problem with a vendstar that I have on location. When I first placed the machine I didn't have any problems with this. The employees of this location did find that after getting nothing if they push the pin that holds the coin mech from turning halfway it will dispense the vend that got stuck. Hope this helps solve the problem.

Make sure that the square hole in the gear (on the back of the mech) is not rounded. I've had my Ultravends do this. If the hole gets rounded the handle will turn but the gear will not. Therefore the candy wheel doesn't turn.

Archived