Open t locks - remove? find keys?

Boazcat

I purchased some machines from someone who bought them off a storage unit auction. 8 Machines - 2 nice snackshops and a variety of older pop machines. 6 of them are open and 2 are locked - no keys for any of them.

I've not dealt with locks before...

What is the cheapest way for me to solve this problem? Is there a code somewhere on the open locks that I can use to ask my local shop if they would have? I just moved them home tonight and haven't had time to really dig into them yet. I tried all my keys - 6 :) - on them and nothing worked.

Is it going to be much trouble replacing them if they are open?? No drilling?

Thanks!

Michael

I purchased some machines from someone who bought them off a storage unit auction. 8 Machines - 2 nice snackshops and a variety of older pop machines. 6 of them are open and 2 are locked - no keys for any of them.

I've not dealt with locks before...

What is the cheapest way for me to solve this problem? Is there a code somewhere on the open locks that I can use to ask my local shop if they would have? I just moved them home tonight and haven't had time to really dig into them yet. I tried all my keys - 6 :) - on them and nothing worked.

Is it going to be much trouble replacing them if they are open?? No drilling?

Thanks!

Michael

The open ones are easy open the machine and find the latch portion of the lock. You will need something to pull on the lock, a key, knife point, paperclips wedged into lock. Get a small flat head screwdriver push the latch portion of thre lock down into the lock with one hand. With the other pull on the lock while slightly twisting and it should pop right out.

The locked ones will heve to drilled. Start with a 3/8 or so and go for it. Once you get about 1 1/2 inches in go up to a larger drill bit until the hole gets big enough for the latch portion to fall out or get broken out by the drill and you are done. If you happen to be unlucky enough to have "hardened" locks then you will be better off drilling the T-handle itself at the 12 and 6 o`clock position to get at the lock latch and then replace the T-handle. You will quickly determine if you have hardened locks by painfully slow progress and drill bits getting dull very quicklt.

Let me know if anything is not quite clear. Good luck.

The open ones are easy open the machine and find the latch portion of the lock. You will need something to pull on the lock, a key, knife point, paperclips wedged into lock.

i used a strong magnet

Archived