New to Vending - Looking for Advice on Route Purchase

Fred

Hi all, I've done a ton of research and am planning to make the plunge and buy my first location. I've read various advice on the purchase price for an existing location/route and seen everything from 6 months net to 12 months gross (the latter seems very high to me). So, my question is, what is a reasonable price to pay for a location? Obviously no verification of income. Specs of this particular location are:

- Local mall

- 5 snack machines

- $550/month rent to mall owner + 15% of amount over $1000/month gross

- Claimed gross monthly income $1300-$1900/month, which I've determined to be about $300-$700/month net, after the rent, insurance and snack costs.

My plan is to request terms with the final price based on the actual income earned after 3 months, but I'm also looking for some general advice on multipliers for purchasing existing locations. Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I've done a ton of research and am planning to make the plunge and buy my first location. I've read various advice on the purchase price for an existing location/route and seen everything from 6 months net to 12 months gross (the latter seems very high to me). So, my question is, what is a reasonable price to pay for a location? Obviously no verification of income. Specs of this particular location are:

- Local mall

- 5 snack machines

- $550/month rent to mall owner + 15% of amount over $1000/month gross

- Claimed gross monthly income $1300-$1900/month, which I've determined to be about $300-$700/month net, after the rent, insurance and snack costs.

My plan is to request terms with the final price based on the actual income earned after 3 months, but I'm also looking for some general advice on multipliers for purchasing existing locations. Thanks in advance.

I realize this is an old post, I am just wondering, did you do this? If so, did it work out for you.

Poplady

Archived