Obama blames ATM's for high unemployment

mission vending

Ron Paul.

Yeah, that was worth not posting about a year to set up. Best Candidate on the GOP ticket in a couple decades in terms of understanding policy and showing the character needed to be capable of effectively executing the highest office.

He's pointing out that businesses have adapted to the economic downturn by adopting automated processes (such as banks using ATM machines) isn't conducive to job creation.

I didn't hear him blame ATM machines. He could just as well have been thought to be blaming Bank of America for implementing the technology, or blaming Diebold for creating the technology. Or blaming technological advancement in general.

He's just pointing out a shift. Just one of many factors that have led naturally to a smaller amount of low-paying jobs.

PS: Increasing efficiency is a good thing.

I used to install ATM's for the banking industry.

The banks pay millions of dollars a year to deploy, install, warehouse, service and stock cash in ATM's (Not to mention networks and all sorts of other jobs, salaries.) The company I used to work for paid EXCELLENT wages to the people installing and bringing the ATM's online. These were top dollar jobs. The wages and number of people employed in the ATM industry far exceed the wages and number of bank tellers. There is no comparison to the number of jobs created by ATM's vs. tellers.

But I digress..............

for the amount of people who i meet who are ron paul die hard supporters, the poll numbers are sad =-(

He says all the right things and his voting record is pretty consistent with his expressed views, but he somehow is lacking in the personality and charisma needed to win the popularity contest our elections are becoming.

He says all the right things and his voting record is pretty consistent with his expressed views, but he somehow is lacking in the personality and charisma needed to win the popularity contest our elections are becoming.

I agree that much of what Paul says is attractive and that his biggest drawback is his lack of personality and his weakness on foreign policy due to his isolationist views. That said, Herman Cain is has the personality that Paul lacks plus tons of business experience that the entire Obama administration lacks! Here is hoping that he can use Iowa to catapult him onto the national stage to take the GOP nomination.

Archived