Leader Items

dperry

Anthony,

Some time ago, you talked about adding MP3 players into your 2in mix as a leader item, and vending the mix for $1.00. I was wondering if you still do that. If so, where do you get your mp3s? I found a site on ebay that has 2gb MP3 players that sell for $1.99 + 5.99 shipping, so it would be a total of $8 each. Was wondering if you've got a cheaper source of them.

I tried that once, but the experiment was a failure. But then again, it wasn't in my most productive location. I was hoping that the leader item would help increase sales. It didn't help.

But it made me think of other items to use for leaders, for both 1in and 2in. I know people like to put cash into caps as a leader, but I don't think I want to do that. I've tried a reverse leader idea, where I have high-end products like mania or monkeys, which easily sell for 50c, but then mix in some low cost items into that to help get rid of my slow selling items.

I've thought of selling some Nintendo DS games in 2in, or some gold rings in 1in to go in an acrylic ring mix. I've never pulled the trigger and done such a thing yet though. What has everybody else done, if anything?

good Question.

To be honest I have not been using any for a while. I have been doing well with sell through and i have also been reordering same product and running it longer thus being able to save money on displays. I have about 5 or 6 boxes of mixed up product that i will have to start to move. I may try the brand extreme mix. I have alot of the ear buds so i may use that and put includes other items on it and mix in. There is a guy here doing it with the string dolls and he seems to blow it out.

String Dolls seem to do well by themselves, you might not need to mix anything in them. (Sadly the series 1 was just discontinued...and I'm not sure the animal string dolls have the same appeal.)

I get mine from cardinal.

The ear buds or string dolls? They don't show string dolls on the website anymore. I see resellers still have some, but I've learned my lesson about buying overpriced reseller stock only to resell it yet again.

Ear buds are aa and string doll at cardinal. Cardinal does not always put stuff of the web site. The cardinal catalog that came with the may vending times had lots of good stuff. One item of theirs that I have used for yesrs but not on the site is 1.1 jelly fingers they cost 19.00 and sell at.50 great

• 10 months later...

I was thinking about some other leader items. I found some Nintendo DS Lite games that can be had for cheap. Do you think those might be good for leaders?

I was thinking about some other leader items. I found some Nintendo DS Lite games that can be had for cheap. Do you think those might be good for leaders?

watch out they are not counterfeit...

chinabuye.com

They have a lot of items that are in the brand Xtreme mix. Also they sell very cheap mp3 players.

is this site legit?! if so i found a new source for my crane/stacker prizes ! i mean have u ordered from them before?

is this site legit?! if so i found a new source for my crane/stacker prizes ! i mean have u ordered from them before?

I ordered mp3 players and solar powered cars and they came pretty quick. BUT...I feel ordering from a company like this is a huge gamble, only spend what you can afford to lose.

watch out they are not counterfeit...

To be honest, I have yet to order from them, but they did approve me for a drop ship account. I do know their stuff is very cheap and would make good prizes for a claw machine though.

Archived