1800 triples, who makes them, and the police

lurtsman

Hey forum :)

I need to get a quote on a brand new 1800 triple painted black with three fifty cent mechs. I need it from the official company, rather than any discounted places.

Why would he ask for that?

It so happens that some idiot stole one of my machines during the last service cycle. We can prove that they are an idiot not only by their theft of a machine, but because they PAID WITH A CREDIT CARD prior to walking out with my machine ON CAMERA. I need the quote to verify the value of the machine for the police so we can get copies of the credit records and they can go pick the crook up. Don't know if I'll ever get compensated for the machine, but seeing the law go after him would be a small victory. Thank God it was a 1800 and not one of the low-cost leader brands. If the price I'm able to get quoted was too low, they wouldn't bother looking into it. The more expensive the machine, the bigger the crime!

I'm under the understanding I must value the toys at the price I paid, rather than what they routinely sell for, unfortunate. I'd love to make him buy them all.

PS. It's possible that the credit card was stolen, if that's the case they really need to lock him up for life. The video would easily let us match his face to DMV records once we are able to run the credit.

Edit: http://www.1800vending.com/ Does not appear to be it as I see no bulk machines.

http://www.1800vending.com/triple/

While these have been marketed by the 1.800 guys, I believe these are actually manufactured in Korea by the T-Pico Company. The shipping carton is marked "Made in Korea" but no other identifying information.

http://www.tpicokorea.com/product2.asp

Best of luck, I could not get anybody to reply to my email inquiries. If you have a Korean speaking buddy, perhaps you could ask them to call T-Pico on your behalf.

http://www.1800vending.com/triple/

While these have been marketed by the 1.800 guys, I believe these are actually manufactured in Korea by the T-Pico Company. The shipping carton is marked "Made in Korea" but no other identifying information.

http://www.tpicokorea.com/product2.asp

Best of luck, I could not get anybody to reply to my email inquiries. If you have a Korean speaking buddy, perhaps you could ask them to call T-Pico on your behalf.

Where you been, Bender? How's life treating you?

Hey forum :)

I need to get a quote on a brand new 1800 triple painted black with three fifty cent mechs. I need it from the official company, rather than any discounted places.

Why would he ask for that?

It so happens that some idiot stole one of my machines during the last service cycle. We can prove that they are an idiot not only by their theft of a machine, but because they PAID WITH A CREDIT CARD prior to walking out with my machine ON CAMERA. I need the quote to verify the value of the machine for the police so we can get copies of the credit records and they can go pick the crook up. Don't know if I'll ever get compensated for the machine, but seeing the law go after him would be a small victory. Thank God it was a 1800 and not one of the low-cost leader brands. If the price I'm able to get quoted was too low, they wouldn't bother looking into it. The more expensive the machine, the bigger the crime!

I'm under the understanding I must value the toys at the price I paid, rather than what they routinely sell for, unfortunate. I'd love to make him buy them all.

PS. It's possible that the credit card was stolen, if that's the case they really need to lock him up for life. The video would easily let us match his face to DMV records once we are able to run the credit.

Edit: http://www.1800vending.com/ Does not appear to be it as I see no bulk machines.

A 50 cent mech costs $36 each if ordered from 1800; the machine new is around $250.

A 50 cent mech costs $36 each if ordered from 1800; the machine new is around $250.

Hey faith, they said they had been out of the business of selling triples for every year. I practically begged to buy them :P

I got transferred to the voice mail of a manager who used to be in charge of that department and put on my best sucker pitch. Do you know of any sites that appear even half legit where I can print off those prices to support my case with the police for establishing a very high value on the machine.

Go for the next best thing. It's pretty similar.

Triple Machine

Do you think the cops would let me use a similar substitute? They had wanted the model number. I thought that was kinda dumb when I'm saying "I can give you a picture". They can't tell what model number it is by looking at it, but they can sure say "hey that's a black triple like the one I have a picture of".

Highest price I found was 185 on "used vending". (That sites a rip, wonder what cut they take. more than 50%?)

Hey faith, they said they had been out of the business of selling triples for every year. I practically begged to buy them :P

I got transferred to the voice mail of a manager who used to be in charge of that department and put on my best sucker pitch. Do you know of any sites that appear even half legit where I can print off those prices to support my case with the police for establishing a very high value on the machine.

They don't sell them anymore, but was the price a few years back. They won't give you the time of day if you did not buy a new machine from them. I can look through my records to see if I can get you an exact price on new. PM your address and I can mail you what I have. Have you filed a claim yet?

They don't sell them anymore, but was the price a few years back. They won't give you the time of day if you did not buy a new machine from them. I can look through my records to see if I can get you an exact price on new. PM your address and I can mail you what I have. Have you filed a claim yet?

So I got through to someone working there, being so excited about it worked. I put on my least intimidating voice, and it seemed to work. I got information from them about how they aren't selling to anyone new because of the bothersome regulations (I kept myself from laughing as they BSed about what legal challenges they faced), but how I could transfer the warranty if I could provide the original sellers name, all for only 249$. So I asked about the pricing for machines, if someone was just to buy one, what would that have cost? Answer: 420$. If they wanted 50 cent coin mechs, what was that? That's complicated because they used to sell to people who didn't have their warranty so they had to charge full retail, that's 46 dollars. So the machine, without product, was 546$ for a single machine. I asked him if he could e-mail that to me for my records and gave him my e-mail. He said yes he would, but I know by this point he was reluctant because he had figured out I was trying to figure out the compensation I was owed and he no longer had a strong smell of charging me 249 to transfer then selling me over priced replacement ****.

We'll see if he actually sends it. I'd like to have a record to prove that this was their going rate.

PS. He said if I had the warranty transfer I could buy machines at whatever price the original buyer had locked in with their larger purchase, and that mechs would become 36$. I don't see that as being an option to reduce the thief's liability since I do not have the rights conferred by the 249$ transfer.

Am I right page? Are there things I'm not seeing? (Unable to see the forest because of all the trees)

I did my math wrong. 558 for the machine with 3 50 cent mechs, and about 50 dollars in product--assuming none of it had sold yet (in which case the 50 cents is far more valuable than 1 toy)

I'll update this thread as things proceed to give people a feel for what to expect when working with the police.

Note. 1800 did not e-mail me as they had agreed to. I expected he was a worthless coward, and I was right. They really should be jailed for stealing so many people's retirements.

Archived