Daniel Rubin Vending

had a meeting today with another YMCA senior director. It looks like another green light, they get 1000 heads through that door every day at that location. Plus he said he oversee's 2 other locations in the area which are both upward 2000 pairs of eyes on my machine a day.

tomorrow meeting with a large hospital! pretty excited

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

had a meeting today with another YMCA senior director. It looks like another green light, they get 1000 heads through that door every day at that location. Plus he said he oversee's 2 other locations in the area which are both upward 2000 pairs of eyes on my machine a day.

tomorrow meeting with a large hospital! pretty excited

Are you getting exculsive rights to both the drinks and snacks at the YMCA?

in your experience whats a ballpark week gross for YMCA?

$150 to $250 a week is probably normal with drinks and snacks and $300 to $500 would be tops and the most any YMCA would do with both drinks and snacks. That range would be off the charts for a YMCA.

If doing snacks only I would be very surprised if they did much over $200 a week total in any YMCA unless it was huge with a large base of kids.

Adults just dont buy out of vending like kids do. I have had a few of these YMCA's over the years and we have tried cold food machines with fresh fruit like apples and carrots with not much luck.

My local YMCA that I know the director on a personal level asked me if I would do all healthy vending and I told him NO and told him why. He understood and now is looking at doing maybe 30% "healthy". The big problem at this point is to decide what is considered "healthy".

$150 to $250 a week is probably normal with drinks and snacks and $300 to $500 would be tops and the most any YMCA would do with both drinks and snacks. That range would be off the charts for a YMCA.

If doing snacks only I would be very surprised if they did much over $200 a week total in any YMCA unless it was huge with a large base of kids.

Adults just dont buy out of vending like kids do. I have had a few of these YMCA's over the years and we have tried cold food machines with fresh fruit like apples and carrots with not much luck.

My local YMCA that I know the director on a personal level asked me if I would do all healthy vending and I told him NO and told him why. He understood and now is looking at doing maybe 30% "healthy". The big problem at this point is to decide what is considered "healthy".

out of curiosity i checked out their sales material (

) ...they have a testimonial from

someone who claims making 300-600/wk from ymca locations. so i am real curious to keep an eye on this thread.

i am pretty familiar with the inner workings of biz op sales so my natural instinct is basically everything coming from the company is suspect. i assumed those figures had to be off was just curious how far off LOL

When I gave the $300 to $500 range I think it could only be possible in a large YMCA in a a very large city. I just dont think is normal at all and would be very rare to see revenues that high out of a YMCA.

Keep in mind these numbers would only be possible with both drinks and snacks. Also those numbers are gross numbers before COG's, cost to service, etc.

Here is the biggest problem I see with this whole concept. Did you notice at the very end of the video the guy talked about having to pull out of a BMW dealership? When you tie yourself to just one concept with these branded machines you are VERY limited to where you can put the machine. Buy a black, gray, plain machine and move it where you want and it works well. You can use it in a full bank of equipment at a plant or in a hotel. These machines are so limited to where you can put them IMO.

I have had plenty of car dealerships in my time and NEVER had to pull out of one. Why? because I didnt have 4k (or more) in a machine so my ROI was quick and I could be profitable. I can see why you had to pull out of a dealership with a expensive machine.....

I didnt have 4k (or more) in a machine

i would be worried about damage to a $4,000 machine with big lcd on top, when i was a kid at the Y me and my friends did our fair share of shaking the snack machine...that thought would keep me up nights LOL

just something to the original poster... a lot of skepticism and negativity

in this thread. but you seem to have a great attitude and that is good.

i just want to add, not everyone who buys a biz op is

doomed to fail. as i said before on this board someone in my family sold

vending and amusement machines and biz ops for many years. some deals were

very good, some weren't. but in every case there was a percentage of people

who did very well, even in the worst deals.

those people would have succeed in anything they tried they were

dedicated, prepared to work hard, and they had a good attitude. of course they could have done BETTER if they had gone about it another way, but regardless they were extremely successful. i just wanted to add

a positive note to this thread.

out of curiosity i checked out their sales material (

) ...they have a testimonial from

someone who claims making 300-600/wk from ymca locations. so i am real curious to keep an eye on this thread.

i am pretty familiar with the inner workings of biz op sales so my natural instinct is basically everything coming from the company is suspect. i assumed those figures had to be off was just curious how far off LOL

I was at that sales event they call HB3 in santa monica california and I can tell you beyond the shout of a doubt that there is nothing shady about this company at all. Any question you may have is answered and shared. 300-600 a good number that I was hearing. I didnt meet shady sales people who were trying to nickel and dime me, I met other vendors like you who were all equally skeptical. And yes their machines are more expensive than just buying the jofemar one and doing it myself, but it comes with the total package. And I didnt just listen to their sales numbers, I can see them or ask them to show me. If you really want to know you can call the company ask them to put you in touch with one of their owners/operators and they will give you a bunch of numbers to call. Im sure most of them will show you their real sales data at the locations that human came up with for them, and like I was im sure you all will be surprised. The "testimonials" are all real people not paid actors and they are not speaking from a script. And any information you hear from them is not only true but they are small time and will take a phone call if you want to call them. They like testimonials, I will probably have one myself on the youtube, I did an interview on the camera while I was there too that could be put up anyday. Good guys I like the machines and the locations and i'm not going to be one of those invest and fail vendors because I am passionate. Even if my machines have a crappy roi at the end of the day I will be a much better and knowledgeable vendor, and I am actually looking forward to building good relationships with my accounts and the people that buy from my machines. I think my machines will do really well also by the way because they are massive YMCA's, all 6 of them. Im going to customize the hell out of my product mix until I find an individual planogram that sells well at each location.

I was at that sales event they call HB3 in santa monica california and I can tell you beyond the shout of a doubt that there is nothing shady about this company at all. Any question you may have is answered and shared. 300-600 a good number that I was hearing. I didnt meet shady sales people who were trying to nickel and dime me, I met other vendors like you who were all equally skeptical. And yes their machines are more expensive than just buying the jofemar one and doing it myself, but it comes with the total package. And I didnt just listen to their sales numbers, I can see them or ask them to show me. If you really want to know you can call the company ask them to put you in touch with one of their owners/operators and they will give you a bunch of numbers to call. Im sure most of them will show you their real sales data at the locations that human came up with for them, and like I was im sure you all will be surprised. The "testimonials" are all real people not paid actors and they are not speaking from a script. And any information you hear from them is not only true but they are small time and will take a phone call if you want to call them. They like testimonials, I will probably have one myself on the youtube, I did an interview on the camera while I was there too that could be put up anyday. Good guys I like the machines and the locations and i'm not going to be one of those invest and fail vendors because I am passionate. Even if my machines have a crappy roi at the end of the day I will be a much better and knowledgeable vendor, and I am actually looking forward to building good relationships with my accounts and the people that buy from my machines. I think my machines will do really well also by the way because they are massive YMCA's, all 6 of them. Im going to customize the hell out of my product mix until I find an individual planogram that sells well at each location.

You've got the right attitude about this, finding a way to make it work. The only thing I would add is to remember that at the end of the day this is a business and the numbers will have to work. You can accept a longer ROI, manage costs and commissions etc. but at some point you will have to make enough money off of this to support yourself and family or else it will never be a business, just a hobby that you make some money with.

I really am interested to hear about how this whole thing works out for you as you get the machines set up and making money.

launch date is early october!

I want to eventually be refurbishing my own machines in the future and sticking natural/organic stuff and mix in a little bit of junk ... depending on what I find sells. Im sure in the near future there will be a wide new array of healthy products

just something to the original poster... a lot of skepticism and negativity

in this thread. but you seem to have a great attitude and that is good.

I was not trying to be negative but I did want to send a clear message of the issues of starting off in vending this way. I wanted him (and others) to know the ins and outs of doing the all healthy vending. I have been down the road with the healthy stuff and if you ask any seasoned vendor they will tell you the same thing. That why you see very little if any seasoned vending companies offering specific all healthy vending machines. Even at YMCA'S, hospitals, etc seasoned cending companies are pushing back from the demands of all healthy vending. They know 99% of the time it will not work or atleast not be as profitable as standard vending.

Their have been plenty of articles posted on here about school districts, etc that went to all healthy vending and ther sales numbers were off by as much as 50%. The numbers do not lie when it comes to all healthy vending that it is not as profitable.

I hate to see good people loose money in vending. I like to see people be sucessful and I hope Daniel is one of the ones that is.

Had a meeting today with a private christian school to put a machine there.. im going to try and attach an image of the facility. It is a 450 kid school with 50 teachers every day. They do k-12 and they have no vending for kids outside of their cafeteria. Their school is has a central outdoor hub that is right next to the gymnasium and the area where the kids eat and walk by to get to classes. (see my artistic paint picture). The school has lots of activities that go on it its gym after hours and during summer. Lets say I could put together a mix of products that are selling well hypothetically, would this be a decent location? I would have to put a bulky outdoor machine and install whatever security measures that I can lean to do on the forum. They either want to put it against the walls by the picnic tables outside of the gym or at the door to the gym which is still in the eating area.

4voadw.jpg

• 1 month later...

next week they go down... I am still getting products for my machines, I think ive put together a pretty good mix for a gym and the school got everything ready, still have to get insurance but thatl take just a minute. Thinking about going with allstate but their guy has not called me back yet.

next week they go down... I am still getting products for my machines, I think ive put together a pretty good mix for a gym and the school got everything ready, still have to get insurance but thatl take just a minute. Thinking about going with allstate but their guy has not called me back yet.

Thanks for the update. We are expecting the whole story of your first day adventures after you get them installed.

oh god im really nervous. Its all starting to become real to me all at once, I have about 50% of my product now i ordered a bit from Europa and some from bj's and now i'm getting the rest from UNFI (which for me is only 350 dollar minimum month for me because i pickup from the facility they have a place around the corner from my house.) Sucks tho because I live on the 3rd floor and am not going to get a storage garage until i'm bringing in enough money to make that worth it so I need to carry it all up to my place. I'm worried that I wont know how to set up the machines or something will go wrong, but that's just me being anxious. I learned how to use the machines and I have tech support and the manual but i'm still nervous because people will be watching me while I install! ahhh

I'm so glad that I found your posts here as I'm currently looking into starting a vending business with HUMAN too. Please keep us updated about your experience with them. Good luck and best wishes for your new healthy vending business!

oh god im really nervous. Its all starting to become real to me all at once, I have about 50% of my product now i ordered a bit from Europa and some from bj's and now i'm getting the rest from UNFI (which for me is only 350 dollar minimum month for me because i pickup from the facility they have a place around the corner from my house.) Sucks tho because I live on the 3rd floor and am not going to get a storage garage until i'm bringing in enough money to make that worth it so I need to carry it all up to my place. I'm worried that I wont know how to set up the machines or something will go wrong, but that's just me being anxious. I learned how to use the machines and I have tech support and the manual but i'm still nervous because people will be watching me while I install! ahhh

There are a lot of folks wishing you well with this and if you have a problem you have a place to ask some questions. Looking forward to hearing good things.

Poplady1

hey dan good luck cant wait to hear how you're install went!

i have the same feeling on every service im gonna forget something so i make a checklist!

checklist great idea dogcow thx!

also thanks to poplady didnt realize I had the queen of vending reading this ill try not to disappointing

After being run around for a while I finally got Allstate to give me a 1 million dollar policy today so im good to go

Archived