Daniel Rubin Vending

Nice Daniel,

The $1 million policy will come in handy when you start vending bars of gold from your machines. :-)

checklist great idea dogcow thx!

also thanks to poplady didnt realize I had the queen of vending reading this ill try not to disappointing

After being run around for a while I finally got Allstate to give me a 1 million dollar policy today so im good to go

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

checklist great idea dogcow thx!

also thanks to poplady didnt realize I had the queen of vending reading this ill try not to disappointing

After being run around for a while I finally got Allstate to give me a 1 million dollar policy today so im good to go

I have been watching and reading all of the way. Just get them out there vending and making you some money. I am very interested to see how it all works out for you.

Poplady

I have been watching and reading all of the way. Just get them out there vending and making you some money. I am very interested to see how it all works out for you.

Poplady

Also the school you mentioned sounds good. Not sure I am understanding if you are placing one of your new machines outside or if you are buying some other equipment. But the location sounds good so follow up on that one.

Poplady

• 2 weeks later...

Got my machines this morning! Was exciting to get them down and start getting them ready, the gym machine ill finish and get it up and running by tomorrow, I just primed the coin mech set the voltage for the motors and stocked it up tomorrow I will do some test vends then let her loose on the public.

The one at the school not so much, the lady I was in talks with at the school and I decided on a location for the machine and quite a few people agreed movers came and dropped off the outdoor machine and after they had left and I placed a "coming soon" sign on the machine. The kids were congregating around the machine like it was something new it was exciting. Then as soon as was driving down the road to install the gym machine, my contact calls me and says that the superintendent doesnt like the location on the machine so before I fill it and get it ready they want to move it to a different location. They asked if the moving men could come back, by now they were way to far away anyway so I said no. She called me back alter and said that they have a professional company that is coming by to do some other work on saterday and they are going to bring their heavy duty tools to move the machine for them. Which I am ok with but now I have to wait till monday to set that one up. I hope it all works out and works well.

Got my machines this morning! Was exciting to get them down and start getting them ready, the gym machine ill finish and get it up and running by tomorrow, I just primed the coin mech set the voltage for the motors and stocked it up tomorrow I will do some test vends then let her loose on the public.

The one at the school not so much, the lady I was in talks with at the school and I decided on a location for the machine and quite a few people agreed movers came and dropped off the outdoor machine and after they had left and I placed a "coming soon" sign on the machine. The kids were congregating around the machine like it was something new it was exciting. Then as soon as was driving down the road to install the gym machine, my contact calls me and says that the superintendent doesnt like the location on the machine so before I fill it and get it ready they want to move it to a different location. They asked if the moving men could come back, by now they were way to far away anyway so I said no. She called me back alter and said that they have a professional company that is coming by to do some other work on saterday and they are going to bring their heavy duty tools to move the machine for them. Which I am ok with but now I have to wait till monday to set that one up. I hope it all works out and works well.

hmmm...you should really be on site to supervise the move. I use a professional vending mover, i trust him very much and have let him move machines without me there. anyone else i dont want messing with my equipment without me watching, what do they care if they break it.

First machine is down and selling. Remote monitering says its at 85 bucks in 3.5 days hoping for 140 by the end of week

FINALLY UP AND RUNNING!!!! Congrats you are now officially a full line vendor. Looking forward to seeing more info on how things go.

the gym has a pretty high price point of 2 bucks for water, gatorade and snacks, which im making a 50-200% profit margin on those. They are selling q uite well, as well as some higher end fitness drinks I have it pretty much set that im making about 90 cents to a dollar in profit of just about everything on the machine

Thanks! ill be setting up a new machine on tuesday which is an outdoor machine, then probably a new one soon at an 800 employee insurance company soon after, then I may try and buy a different machine

where is the outdoor machien going? i assume they are rated for outdoor operation?

just signed a contract to place a machine in a large insurance company with 400-500 employees gunna be operational sometime around xmas. Just pulled 194 dollars out of gym machine after 8 days, restocked, 3 days later (today) machine has 122 more dollars in it and should go stock it again =-) very pleased with my gym machine. The christian school one has been nothing but problems but I believe I have finally got it set up right and should be able to fill it and get it operational tomorrow or the next day.

total todate on the gym is 354 cash sales and 108.50 in credit card sales in almost a month

just signed a contract to place a machine in a large insurance company with 400-500 employees gunna be operational sometime around xmas. Just pulled 194 dollars out of gym machine after 8 days, restocked, 3 days later (today) machine has 122 more dollars in it and should go stock it again =-) very pleased with my gym machine. The christian school one has been nothing but problems but I believe I have finally got it set up right and should be able to fill it and get it operational tomorrow or the next day.

total todate on the gym is 354 cash sales and 108.50 in credit card sales in almost a month

if your avg cogs is around 50% then that is a decent month. What are your credit card fees and have you figured out your cost-to-service that location yet? I am curious because stocking it every 3 days can get expensive to be sure. I have a location that I have to stock weekly, it is a great location but 30mins away so the cost-to-service is a killer and unfortunately its the ONLY stop i have in that area of town that has to be serviced weekly.

If your sales increase to a point where your cost-to-service gets upside down you may end up having to add a drink machine there to take the pressure off.

glad to hear you are doing well bud!

O man my machines all within a mile from me so and the COG is normally around 50% but I can afford to have a decent price markup on my products because It is in the 24 hour gym of a private club (ex waters are 2 dollars). I know that the credit card fee's are through the roof and probably not worth having a CC reader, but 108 dollars in extra sales on top plus the remote monitoring that comes with the cc reader I think is worth it even if its taking a bite out of my profit. For how long though I dont know because the gov't keeps cracking down on the CC companies.

• 2 weeks later...

Ookay almost half way through my second month, got a new machine going in before the end of the year at a huge company cant wait for that. Gym machine is doing pretty well, cycling out a few products that arent moving for some new ones soon to optimize it. My problem child was the school machine, at a small christian school RJT (think ill have my gf buy me his book for xmas) warned me about schools so I was positive that I was going to need to move it. I got it all set up and rolling last week, but I never could get the remote monitering working quite right. Ill be fixing the remote monitoring on it tomorrow. 7 days later now I go with my girlfriend to check on the school account and I was really surprised. I thought that nothing had moved at all because the remote monitoring was broken, it told me that it sold 1.75 worth of products in 3 days then 34 dollars worth of products popped up on the website and I was surprised. I was expecting to check it out and see that it had not sold much of anything and only had 35.75 in the machine, but when I got there I pulled $150 dollars in cash out of the bad boy plus the 15 more bucks in the coin float as well as the must be 20-40 bucks in credit card sales I calculated. (mind you I am locked out from making any sales during the school hours from (8-2pm). Hot sellers were pop chips (sold out) gatorade (sold out) pirates booty (sold out) and BTN choc cookies( almost sold out) also sold half my stock of switch in the machine and all my cans of hansens soda gone! Was super excited to hold 150 bucks in my hand. I can only imaging what it looks like when you service 10 machines in a day and pull this out of every one, AHHHHH SO MUCH GREEN

im battling with myself to go back to school soon for a masters in organizational industrial psych. And it was always my girlfriend trying to convince me to go back to school now she is telling me to not go back and to expand the vending company.

all the products I sell are so expensive that I sell so I kind of have an urge to own a dixie narco old machine and just sell cans out of it. I WANT MORE LOCATIONS and MOAR MONEY!

im battling with myself to go back to school soon for a masters in organizational industrial psych. And it was always my girlfriend trying to convince me to go back to school now she is telling me to not go back and to expand the vending company.

all the products I sell are so expensive that I sell so I kind of have an urge to own a dixie narco old machine and just sell cans out of it. I WANT MORE LOCATIONS and MOAR MONEY!

Why not do both? Expand the vending a bit and use the cash to fund the education. I'll tell you that 20+ years later I wish I had stayed and finished.

Oh I will I will im never going to stop vending. But what would happen if I had to uproot a vending business and move to a diff town. just start locating there? bring my machines with me?

If I were to relocate I think my first choice would be to sell the business. Its a whole lot easier to move with a suitcase full of case than it is with a tractor trailer full of machines that need to be stored until you get locations. ;D

Archived