Preferred Candies?

GV Vending

I will be starting with double head units......

Starting small, with 1-3 sets. Thinking of starting with Runts and either chiclets or gumballs. Unless requested differently by location.

Any suggestions on type of gum?

Either - Chiclets (mulit-color or mint flavors) or Gumballs (Multiflavor)

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Please feel free to recommend any good combos with proven results.

GV

I like to use a quality gumball instead of the regular double bubble's, I use seedlings. You can special order them from Sams for around $27 a box I believe. Thats $10 more then the regular but worth it. At a around .01 more per gumball I think they make it up with volume of sales. I tried the nerds gumballs but wasn't impressed, not worth the price IMHO. If using chiclets I would stick with the multicolored fruit flavored over the mint. I only use mint gum in bars and a couple hair salons.

If your all set on vending candy and gum I would do the following. As stated above use a better than basic gum. Seedlings, Cotton Candy, Grape there is a bunch to choose from. If vending candy only use hard pressed Like Runts, Bones, Flower Power and again there are lots. Stay away from MM,skittles,Mike And Ikes. Products like this tend to be very messy esp in the summer months and they cause ants. When buying machines buy a good quality machine NW,Oak and I prefer A&A.

Don't buy any candy or product off of ebay. These are all some sorta reseller and are very costly. Also don't buy any candy displays as you can get them free from the Mfg. Most of the ones for sale are boot leg copies used without copy rights.

If I were to do what you are doing and knowing what I know u would do this. Buy 6 pm style A&A machines 3 double bars and 3 stands. Set 3 for gumball and 3 for .27 mm balls set at .50. And do a nice color on the machine that stands out. Blue, Yellow just not red.

Where are you from?

Hi: Sounds good, starting with 3 machines would be a great way to get your feet wet. It depends on the location as to what candy to use. Double bubble would be fine to start out with as 850 ct gum. In eating places with on a double head I would use 850ct gum and 27mm superballs. In other locations where the traffic is more adult oriented I would use 850ct gum and only M&M, mike and ike, reeces, skittles if it is inside a climate controlled area. It is best to change the candy you use at least every 2 months with a diffrent candy. Rotation with diffrent candies will usually increase revenue. But I usually always leave the 850 gumballs. And as far as the gumballs, I have used the more expensive gumballs but I no longer use them. I now only use double bubble. It is much easier to get your hands on at your local sams club. Plus I have never seen a difference in sales from the premium brands. I have been vending for 13 years now and have probably used double bubble for at least 8 of those years. I hope this helps you.

If your all set on vending candy and gum I would do the following. As stated above use a better than basic gum. Seedlings, Cotton Candy, Grape there is a bunch to choose from. If vending candy only use hard pressed Like Runts, Bones, Flower Power and again there are lots. Stay away from MM,skittles,Mike And Ikes. Products like this tend to be very messy esp in the summer months and they cause ants. When buying machines buy a good quality machine NW,Oak and I prefer A&A.

Don't buy any candy or product off of ebay. These are all some sorta reseller and are very costly. Also don't buy any candy displays as you can get them free from the Mfg. Most of the ones for sale are boot leg copies used without copy rights.

If I were to do what you are doing and knowing what I know u would do this. Buy 6 pm style A&A machines 3 double bars and 3 stands. Set 3 for gumball and 3 for .27 mm balls set at .50. And do a nice color on the machine that stands out. Blue, Yellow just not red.

Where are you from?

Havending,

Thank you much for all the great advice. I chose candy & gum to get started due to the start up cost. It fell more in the range I could handle right now. Thankfully enough I am currently blessed with a full time job. Just getting sick of the corporate world more and more each day.

Seedlings - Great advice will definitely take this route.

Rookie :huh:'s

Rookie question #1 - 1 gum ball (seedling) for .25 cents per vend? correct

Rookie question #2 .27 mm balls set at .50 cents?

Rookie question #3 How many gum balls fit in each head? (12lb capacity if i get the PN 95)

Starting inventory wil be:

Runts

Seedling Multi flavor

Chiclets (Mint & Multi Flavor)

Will buy others if requested

Havending thanks again. Greatly appreciated. Im in the Maryland area close to Baltimore. Where are you located?

GV

GV

You are on the right track. It appears as though you have been reading the forums. Way to go!

Im addicted to this site!!! The wife thinks im going nuts, but also excited to see the potential.

Everything good takes time.....

Thanks for the encouragement

Hi: Sounds good, starting with 3 machines would be a great way to get your feet wet. It depends on the location as to what candy to use. Double bubble would be fine to start out with as 850 ct gum. In eating places with on a double head I would use 850ct gum and 27mm superballs. In other locations where the traffic is more adult oriented I would use 850ct gum and only M&M, mike and ike, reeces, skittles if it is inside a climate controlled area. It is best to change the candy you use at least every 2 months with a diffrent candy. Rotation with diffrent candies will usually increase revenue. But I usually always leave the 850 gumballs. And as far as the gumballs, I have used the more expensive gumballs but I no longer use them. I now only use double bubble. It is much easier to get your hands on at your local sams club. Plus I have never seen a difference in sales from the premium brands. I have been vending for 13 years now and have probably used double bubble for at least 8 of those years. I hope this helps you.

Jimbo!!!

Great advice....

Rookie questions?:huh:

.27mm superballs? are these the bouncy balls?

I like MM, but since im starting small i dont want to buy to much inventory and not have the locations to support it.

If starting with 2-3 sets. Plan was to buy:

Gumballs

Runts

Chiclets (Mint & Multiflavor)

Will buy others if requested by location.

What's the shelf life for most of these products?

Gum

Runts

PMM's

Again, thank you so much for the advice.

Great selling!!!

GV

I like to use a quality gumball instead of the regular double bubble's, I use seedlings. You can special order them from Sams for around $27 a box I believe. Thats $10 more then the regular but worth it. At a around .01 more per gumball I think they make it up with volume of sales. I tried the nerds gumballs but wasn't impressed, not worth the price IMHO. If using chiclets I would stick with the multicolored fruit flavored over the mint. I only use mint gum in bars and a couple hair salons.

Seedlings!!!! I'm pretty sold on them. They look great, i better not eat them all. Im sure this is a problem everyone has.......

A&A has 850ct for $37.

Rookie :huh:?s

How many fit in one head? (10-12lb capacity)

Im assuming 1 gum ball per vend @ .25 cents?

Thanks for the great advice.

Great selling

GV

Archived