If you had an extra $20,000 for vending

This topic is for Full line there is another one like it for bulk vending inside of the respective forum.

Meant to be a topic of discussion and debate or simply put tell us what you would do if you had 20,000 dollars to invest in vending.

What machines would you buy? Would you buy a vehicle to help you service your company? Would you hire a part time employee? Would you use a locator because you have the money, or find them all yourself? If so what companies would you use.

Or would you take it to Vegas and try to double up? cool.gif

This topic is for Full line there is another one like it for bulk vending inside of the respective forum.

Meant to be a topic of discussion and debate or simply put tell us what you would do if you had 20,000 dollars to invest in vending.

What machines would you buy? Would you buy a vehicle to help you service your company? Would you hire a part time employee? Would you use a locator because you have the money, or find them all yourself? If so what companies would you use.

Or would you take it to Vegas and try to double up? cool.gif

Well first I would slow down a bit and take some time to get the business set up properly if its not already. By that I mean a business account, at least a DBA if not an LLC, some basic accounting software, sales tax resale certificate would be the minimum.

Seeing as how you mentioned that you already have ordered a couple of the H.U.M.A.N. biz in a box machines I would focus on getting those on location first. After that you need to decide which direction you want to take your business. If you want to stay in the healthy vending model keep an eye out for used machines from guys that didn't make it on CL, even the guys you bought the machines from might be able to put you in touch with someone wanting out and you can get the machines shipped to you. Learn everything you can about their sales and marketing process so you can use it yourself. You can also buy machines from AMS directly which is where they probably get their machines from. AMS also offer "green" graphics packages or you can go to Vendor's Exchange, also a good source for many vending machine parts. This will enable you to make your own "healthy" machines for at least 2K less per unit than what you paid. Get a few more locations and look at getting a good used van for 5-7K and that ought to put the 20K into action.

If you look at going into what would be considered to be conventional vending then looking for a small route for sale for 10-15K and again a good used van.

good plan and thanks for your post mission. even though i have that money available to me, im not actually planning on implementing any ideas for quite some time... i do have a lot to learn havent even got my hands on a machine yet... Just trying to spark a debate to see what others would do if they were in my shoes =-). to get a good idea on the right things to do then doing a little research of my own I even made a similar thread in the bulk vending forum to see what some of those guys would do

If I had $20k to invest into vending and ONLY vending, I would personally take the money and go to my biggest competitor and start buying out what he calls his "slowest" locations.

When I have approached him, he would sell the location without machines for a month gross of income. Would sell the machines for the location for $500 more for each machine.

His definition of "Slowest location" is any location that brings in less than $450 a month per machine after it has been on site after 6 months.

Wish I could say that over 85% of my machines pulled over $450 a month!!!!!!!

Archived