soda machine noise

I am a newbie with soda and snack vending.

This is probably a dumb question, but I need to ask, in case there might be a solution based on your experience.

I just located a soda machine "Royal Vendor RVCC 660-9 Coke Machine", and its pretty clean and new. The machine

makes some noise normally to cool and they are complaining about the noise.

Is there anything I can do to reduce the noise?

What is the normal cooling degree that the machine can be set to?

I am a newbie with soda and snack vending.

This is probably a dumb question, but I need to ask, in case there might be a solution based on your experience.

I just located a soda machine "Royal Vendor RVCC 660-9 Coke Machine", and its pretty clean and new. The machine

makes some noise normally to cool and they are complaining about the noise.

Is there anything I can do to reduce the noise?

What is the normal cooling degree that the machine can be set to?

It depends on what the noise is.

Is it from the fan or compressor or is it a vibration?

Is it really a loud noise or just the normal sound a machine will make?

What type of area is the machine in (cement floors and walls, carpeted, etc)?

Unfortunately, even if the location thinks it is loud and it really isn't sometimes you need to do something to fix it. Swap the compressor with another one if you can or take the existing one out and bring it outside and clean it up and then put it back in after your "overhaul"

As far as the temp, anywhere around 40 should be good. But do you own this machine? A RVCC is a "Coke" machine and as such is probably a GIII. Some of the GIII parts are basically owned by Coke as you can only get them Coke (the chain being one). They are not the best machine to buy on the secondary market.

It depends on what the noise is.

Is it from the fan or compressor or is it a vibration?

Is it really a loud noise or just the normal sound a machine will make?

What type of area is the machine in (cement floors and walls, carpeted, etc)?

Unfortunately, even if the location thinks it is loud and it really isn't sometimes you need to do something to fix it. Swap the compressor with another one if you can or take the existing one out and bring it outside and clean it up and then put it back in after your "overhaul"

As far as the temp, anywhere around 40 should be good. But do you own this machine? A RVCC is a "Coke" machine and as such is probably a GIII. Some of the GIII parts are basically owned by Coke as you can only get them Coke (the chain being one). They are not the best machine to buy on the secondary market.

It's not making huge noise. Its normal and you are right, they have to deal with it. I was just wondering if there is any tricks or device that may reduce the noise, but I realize that is a long shot.

One thing, I need to set the temperature to 40s, it cools to 32 now. Thanks.

It's not making huge noise. Its normal and you are right, they have to deal with it. I was just wondering if there is any tricks or device that may reduce the noise, but I realize that is a long shot.

One thing, I need to set the temperature to 40s, it cools to 32 now. Thanks.

If it is in a non carpeted area with bare walls and the noise can echo you can try to get some sound deadening material (like a ceiling tile or piece of carpet) and put it behind the machine against the wall. This can help a bit but doesn't really do a whole heck of a lot. But it looks good to the customer :)

If it is in a non carpeted area with bare walls and the noise can echo you can try to get some sound deadening material (like a ceiling tile or piece of carpet) and put it behind the machine against the wall. This can help a bit but doesn't really do a whole heck of a lot. But it looks good to the customer :)

Thanks, I will try this....

• 2 weeks later...

A RVCC is a "Coke" machine and as such is probably a GIII. Some of the GIII parts are basically owned by Coke as you can only get them Coke (the chain being one). They are not the best machine to buy on the secondary market.

I think that may have been the case originally but that changed at some point. I have several GIII's that I picked up from a guy that got them in a truckload

asset sale, never had any problem getting parts from Royal for them. I even ordered a replacement chain from Royal 2 weeks ago for one of the machines.

Archived