Missing money or product

I have an Antares combo machine that I picked up very cheap. For a small location it has done pretty well over the last year. Suddenly, in the snack portion, there is very little money. About 1 third to 1 half of what there should be based on the product used but only on the snack portion. Anyone have an idea what could be happening? It is the same key that opens the soda door as opens the snack door to the product. A different key is required for the cash box for the bottom of the snacks. So if they had the key to the doors why wouldn't the cash from the sodas be gone? Or is there a way to rip off the snacks via the springs in the coin mechs?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Bill

I have an Antares combo machine that I picked up very cheap. For a small location it has done pretty well over the last year. Suddenly, in the snack portion, there is very little money. About 1 third to 1 half of what there should be based on the product used but only on the snack portion. Anyone have an idea what could be happening? It is the same key that opens the soda door as opens the snack door to the product. A different key is required for the cash box for the bottom of the snacks. So if they had the key to the doors why wouldn't the cash from the sodas be gone? Or is there a way to rip off the snacks via the springs in the coin mechs?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Bill

These machines are very easy to cheat. I don't really want to elaborate how on public forums but it is an issue you will need to bring up with the location. There isn't a way to really eliminate this problem. it is inherent in its design.

These machines are very easy to cheat. I don't really want to elaborate how on public forums but it is an issue you will need to bring up with the location. There isn't a way to really eliminate this problem. it is inherent in its design.

I thought I read somewhere that there is a higher quality coin mech out that is not so easy to cheat.I don't remember I read it though,sorry.

John

Archived