I really hate vending candy!

dperry

I run all 4 way vendesign machines. If I were to go into a location with 2 or 3 seperate machines and offer up a rack what size rack would you start with? If all the machines are candy to keep them candy or add toys? I would love to move into racks I just don't know what sizes to start with and what product mix to use with the racks.

I run all 4 way vendesign machines. If I were to go into a location with 2 or 3 seperate machines and offer up a rack what size rack would you start with? If all the machines are candy to keep them candy or add toys? I would love to move into racks I just don't know what sizes to start with and what product mix to use with the racks.

5 way racks are good for most locations in my experience.if you are lucky to get a location that sells out a 5 way rack , and there`s room, you could put in a 7 way.the usual set up is 2 inch toys on the top shelf and 1 inch toy/candy in the smaller machines on the bottom shelf of the rack.

you could alternately have 6 north western super 60 and fill the top shelf with toys and bottom with candy,imo gum skittles,and perhaps a hard candy such as runts or bonz if you already carry something like that.otherwise since you would be upgrading locations at first,pick the top 2 candy you sell and add gum for the candy shelf.the top machines should be at .50 for the toys and .25 for the candy.

this set up will get you into toys with less money,so you can see how you like it, and figure things out.profit margins will be nice and you can order enough toys at a time for a discount. a and a global has a price break if you buy 18 bags of 1 inch.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe other parts of the country do better with candy than San Diego. My average per 5-6 week cycle of candy is around $20 after commissions (30-40 machines over 3 years and about 150 locations). So to make the $9000/ goal I'd have to do closer to 500 machines! That would be about 125/week, or 25 a day. One heck of a lot of work! Not to mention here in SD a lot of businesses try to get away without the AC due to the high flucuations in daily temperatures, therefore cracked and stuck together candy is a huge problem. I can't even imagine dealing with that nightmare with a large number of machines.

My toy locations due closer to $60/month, and closer to $100-$150 if there is a rack. No spoilage or mess! So 100 locations could get you to that $9000 number. TOYS TOYS TOYS!

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Candy sucks absolutely.

Archived