my machine is locked in

bulkman

Hello guys

I went to check my vending machine today. I found the place was locked by landlord due to no rent fee from the bar owner.

I saw the notice that if the rent is not paid within 5 days the landlord will sell stuff in the bar to recover the rent..

Whom should I contact with ?.. I got the lawyers phone number from the notice.

Anyone has such a situation like this ?? I hope I can get my machine back..

Thanks a lot.

Try and make contact with the landlord ASAP! The landlords and lawyers know that not all the belongings in the bar belong to the evicted owner. Video games, pool tables, juke boxes most likely belong to a vendor. Soft drink companies and beer companies most likely also have stuff in there as well. Some landlords are a real pain to deal with, but I have never had equipment seized by any property manager. I have had some stuff locked up for 6 months to a year, but have always recoverd the equipment. Just got to stay on top of it and keep monitoring the situation.

Unless you have a signed agreement stating the machine is yours, you are pretty much screwed.

But to answer your question, call the numbers listed on the notice. Best of luck

That's not true. If you've marked your machines properly then it's obvious who owns them. A good reason to put labels inside and out.

That's not true. If you've marked your machines properly then it's obvious who owns them. A good reason to put labels inside and out.

Agreed. A good reason to have some sort of written agreement with the location, too. Whether it's simply to establish ownership of the machines, or the agreement of the commission... good to have stuff in writing and not purely verbal.

Try and make contact with the landlord ASAP! The landlords and lawyers know that not all the belongings in the bar belong to the evicted owner. Video games, pool tables, juke boxes most likely belong to a vendor. Soft drink companies and beer companies most likely also have stuff in there as well. Some landlords are a real pain to deal with, but I have never had equipment seized by any property manager. I have had some stuff locked up for 6 months to a year, but have always recoverd the equipment. Just got to stay on top of it and keep monitoring the situation.

Thank you so much. I'll contact landlord lawyer today.

Thank you so much. I'll contact landlord lawyer today.

If a large property leasing company owns the building, more than likely they pay a property management company to manage their buildings. This is the person you will need to keep in contact with. If for some reason they do not communicate well, you will need to visit that location regularly. If the door opens for any reason, go in, show your ID and take your machine. This is what I ended up doing the last time one of my machines were locked in. I hope your name is on the inside of your machine.

You really gamble when you put your machine in a place that has not been in business for long. Keep us updated on your process and let us chime in to help you.

If a large property leasing company owns the building, more than likely they pay a property management company to manage their buildings. This is the person you will need to keep in contact with. If for some reason they do not communicate well, you will need to visit that location regularly. If the door opens for any reason, go in, show your ID and take your machine. This is what I ended up doing the last time one of my machines were locked in. I hope your name is on the inside of your machine.

You really gamble when you put your machine in a place that has not been in business for long. Keep us updated on your process and let us chime in to help you.

Today I phoned & talked with lawyer named under the notice. He told I had to prove if it was mine. I got no business card on the machine, but I have key for the machine. So this will prove it's mine. He took my name & phone number and promised to phone me back. Meanwhile he said he would see how the situation goes.,

I'll probably phone him a week later if I don't hear from him.

Thanks

Archived