The Final Four!

Jax Snacks

Sort of a low priority post and thus here in the hole. But, just hit a milestone. Sold off most of my Uturns and now left with only four of those spinning beasts. Hard to imagine that just 5 years ago, I had 160 candy charity spots with over 100 Uturns. Started selling those U/T's off in Jan 2009. Mostly through eBay. Others through C/L and live auctions. Got pretty sick of it actually - a lot of painting, cleaning, packing and shipping. Very monotonous and very time consuming to say the least. Got really burned out on eBay and would never want to be a full time eBay reseller because just a few jerk buyers can make life difficult. Not to mention a system that is pro-buyer. A buyer can file a bogus claim and if the seller makes one little miscue, he could lose his money and product and and get negative feedback. However the seller can not leave a negative for the buyer any more.

But all that cash was rolled into NW equipment, parts and locator fees. Happy with the new equipment and business model. And glad to be a vendor again rather than a part time eBay vending machine broker. Now it's time to start locating!

I have one 8 way and a 4 way left in my warehouse plus another 4 way out in the field.I plan on selling them in the near future as well but dread having to pack that 8 way.I have one with gum skittles and 2 toys in a gas station that does well.

I have one 8 way and a 4 way left in my warehouse plus another 4 way out in the field.I plan on selling them in the near future as well but dread having to pack that 8 way.I have one with gum skittles and 2 toys in a gas station that does well.

You'll probably get more money out of piecing out that 8 way u turn, the canisters, chute doors, wheels, and coin mechs go for good money. The chute doors by themselves are selling (completed listing verified) for $7 each (free shipping-costs about $1.50 to ship). Multiply that by 8 and you've well on your way. I personally junked the bodies and tops, and kept the stands (good for the machine I'm building).

Just sold 2 more this week. So now down to just two of those spinners on location.

Yea, the sum of certain Ututn parts out numbers the whole machine. Uturn charges a premium for those parts even to their own customers and double for non-customers who bought machines used on eBay.

Archived